Skip to main content

Austin K2 Restoration...Pictures Needed

More
6 years 7 months ago #187408 by Fill
Hi Claire
Any thing happening? We have not heard from you for a while. Anything is good reading and your pictures are great.
Cheers Fill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187889 by Claire
Hi Fill,
Sorry, its been a bit of a slow few weeks :-(
The cab hasn't been painted to the time line I was promised, but he polycoated it last week to give it a really smooth finish and he assures me its being primed this week and painted next Tuesday, but watch this space!!
Had one slight weeping olive on the rear right cylinder last week, but changed out the copper washer and she should be all good.
Managed to sand blast and then up weld up the old exhaust (muffler) and just fitted that back on tonight, but forgot to take pictures as Claire shouted me for tea :-)
Got my son to make me some new HT leads at his work last week, so waiting to take delivery of those and give him marks out of 10!
I've gone and committed myself to another major restoration project, which is on a boat sailing over from the UK as we speak, but I'll keep you I suspense with that one until around xmas time, when it should hopefully be on the road....so to speak :-)
Like your progress though

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #190796 by Claire
Well its been a long and quiet few months since my last update, but I've been somewhat distracted by my other project flying in just before Christmas :-)
Anyway, we finally picked up the main cab body last week and its back where it belongs.
I'm now in the process of rebuilding the front grill etc, but hoping to list more pictures soon.
Eventually chose Brunswick Green.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 2 months ago #190900 by IHScout
That's going to look pretty special when it is finished, B)

Dennis

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191830 by Claire
I've spent the last hour trying to load pictures and an update, but seem to be having technical difficulties, so one pic at a time I think

Claire you are on the money with your photos, but you have to click on INSERT next to the photo to actually put it in your page. and the size pics your are using looks to me like they would go five to a page.......... Sarge
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191831 by Claire
Another couple

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191833 by Bluey60

Hi Bob
Just noticed in Fills Bedford you are chasing mudflaps because I'm a bit tight or of Scottish decent I made some for my Austins they are a bit rough but I'm still using mine around the farm when they get a birthday and become Sunday trucks I might look into something a bit better or take a bit longer and do a neater job.
Just used about 8-10mm rubber conveyor belt stuck a stencil of the flying A to it and pianted over it the first ones I made years ago just used some old water based house paint when I went to freshen them up only because they were stained couldn't get the old paint off so just put another coat over top

Bluey

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Bluey60.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout

More
6 years 1 month ago #191836 by Fill
Hi Claire Great to see you back on. I love the tray. I hope you do good with Dutchy Any up date is good. Even a picture of the mud guards, they do not even have to be fitted. Bluey60 nice old truck.Cheers Fill

More
6 years 1 month ago #191837 by wee-allis
Is it just me or is the fan on Claire's truck back to front?

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191849 by Lang
2,4 and 6 o'clock look fine. Certainly an optical illusion but you would put money on the others being backward. Maybe an early British attempt at recycling?

Lovely Restoration.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Lang.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds