Skip to main content

Leyland o600 engine

More
6 years 11 months ago #182340 by BigAl
Replied by BigAl on topic Leyland o600 engine

JOHN.K. wrote: A while ago a friends son dumped a whole Leyland bus into a scrap bin.Was going to be a mobile workshop.Anyhow,it landed upside down,so I was able to salvage the 6" starter.I should have salvaged the enamel badge too.Was either a Leopard or Panther,from memory.Ex BCC.Underfloor,either a 600 or 680.

Mid engine is Leopard, rear engine was Panther. Think both were 0680 factory fits, 0600 stoped with the Tigers (Original tigers not the later TL11 ones)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182358 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Leyland o600 engine
Bus was rear engine.A kid came round in a DAF 2800 bogeytipper the other day.I was surprised how much like a Leyland 680 the motor looked.Other surprise was he sold his old Mitzi tipper to a guy from Melbourne,who was taking it back.Motor kaput,I might add.The guy also had a couple of old w/c Lister diesels on.Seems a long way to come for junk.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182379 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Leyland o600 engine
DAF started out with trucks by building Leyland motors under licence. They then developed them further until they were heaps better than the original.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182384 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Leyland o600 engine
Feel a bit sorry for the kid....hes never heard of machinery inspection.Dont think his Mitzi had the benefit of rego for a long time.He s super keen on old machinery,but lives in a rented house.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds