Skip to main content

truckiejas's fargo ute

More
11 years 4 months ago #73882 by truckiejas
bigcam, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately they don't do one to suit this ute.
colin, yeah it has got a nice note to it for sure cant wait to get it out and give it a run. one of the first things i did was give that piece of fuel line a soak with soapy water and cut the rope off then bag and binned it, i don't really like messing that stuff.
i have heard of tin heat shields being put there to help with that but haven't see any pics yet, so in the meantime will source some heat wrap for it.

spotted this on gumtree the other day.
might give me a bit of motivation.
he was asking $27k for it not on there any more so may have sold?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #73883 by truckiejas
well its been a while so i better give an update on the progress.
i bought a radiator off ebay not long ago however its not a ute radiator so i found when it arrived, as it's about 100mm shorter than mine to suit a sedan i guess. so it may get scraped and the tanks used on a new one as they are straight.
the brakes are now back together and fitted up just need to run some new lines and add some fluid, also
fitted new tie rod ends and kingpins and bushes while the front axle was out.
so back to saving up for a new radiator now.
jason

More
10 years 7 months ago #73884 by Coondle
Replied by Coondle on topic Re: truckiejas's fargo ute
Your ute looked great when found. I have a 1937 it seems Fargo ute, been in the family since 1946 but much poorer condition, I have put some photo links on the thread "Old Fargo Lovers" and have put the model and engine details there.
Coming up to retirement soon so looking forward to doing a resto. Mine looks like the 1937 dodge except for the grille and bonnet emblem. The bonnet emblem for my Fargo is a lot different to yours, I have the globe, introduced in 1937. A local sctappie had an emblem off a fargo and wanted $200 for it, but unfortunately it was off a mid 1950's Fargo.
Keep us posted on progress

More
10 years 7 months ago #73885 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: truckiejas's fargo ute
Jason, just for an example; I had the local radiator mob make up one from the best bits of two I had and a new (modern "high-efficiency") core fitted. All up about $700.
It was worth it.
Original heavy core would have been another $400.
This was for an AS Inter which was still listed in the radiator book.
Cheers.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds