Skip to main content

Drive About Truck Pics

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 7 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #146944 by BillyP
.I am in the process of trying to replace some original pics and deleting the PB logos..................Billy......................
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
We spent 3 months in the top of NSW & the lower half of Queensland after easter this year.

We took pics of most old jiggers that we saw, so came home with a full camera.

After lookin at the pics i think the followin might be the most interestin (to me anyway)

Spotted this old KW in Theodore (Q), Had good clobber on so didnt do any climbin under,

Now i wish that i coulda had a better bo peep at it. Couldnt find any info about it as the yard behind it

was all locked up.No body that i spoke to , knew any thing about it ,except that the grass had been growin

around it for some time. I guess theres a lot of people out there that have seen it ,so were lookin

for some detail (purely for interest sake), as im sure there would be a fair bit of history behind the old girl.

The inside of the cab was just chockers with spiders & their webs , so i just took some shots through the door

which luckilly was not locked.

Looks like another stick between the seats , didnt notice that till lookin at the pics later on.

Then i spotted this tag on the seat base, so it looks like it had some big mods done , better get a shot of that,

didnt get a look under the front to see the donk ..........maybe ..8v92T ???

Note the add on sleeper bizo, sort of airy dine like.

No idea what r send was under it , as i said i wished i hadave had time etc to have a better look.

Thats about it,........so what was it all about???????????
......................Billy........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by BillyP. Reason: Replacing PB thingos with the original pics

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #146945 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
...jeeez!.......great stuff Billy .. 2 sticks and a screamer! 8-) 8-) 8-)

.....just post up his address ol' mate .. i'll lead the stampede! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #146946 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
Nice old truck Billy.
The mod codes are nothing major,
G2 is fitting trailer brake controls (a bit of a curious one seeing as it looks to always have been a prime mover, though some over zealous transport inspector may have seen a new valve and demanded it, who knows)
G6 is an air operated accessory probably the PTO
P2 is Turntable fitment.
No codes on there for engine swap or driveline modification, though in Queensland, with something that age it unlikely the powers that be would know what was original and what isn't.

Love the speedo calibration too.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bigcam.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 7 months ago #146947 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
Billy
M80
me thinx th@ beast haz had a bit of an upgrade
jist lookn @ the air controls on dash etc

the #120086
tellz me twaz delivered after Nov 1970 (full import ?)

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #146948 by
...here's the info outta this bible back here for ch/no120086....

...eng. 8V71 N65, 'boxes 8552A and 8341C, rears SSHD 6.14 ratio on 196'' wheelbase....sold to A Bruhl and delivered out of QLD

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #146949 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
Wow, thanks for that info you blokes,

amazes me how the hell you manage to dig it all up

I shoulda taken a shot into the sleeper area, there was virtually no back in the cab, a sort of walk (or struggle)

into it...............So an 8v71.........seems like a lot of pipe work there if thats still the case.

unles it was bein used in super dusty conditions

The two box bit ............spicer??.....Where does the button on the front stick fit in.??

A bit of a change there some where......................

.........................Billy....................

PS......just spent a while getting rid of the PB garbage , and tried to replace some of the original pics...........
................................... .......................................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by BillyP. Reason: Replacing PB thingos with the original pics

9 years 7 months ago #146950 by
Hi Billy .. the gearboxes were Spicers originally, but my suspicion is she has received a RoadRanger main box at some stage while still running the auxillary...plenty of gears for the GM eh? :o :o

...also she was delivered 21-7-71 and who knows, she could be running a turbo at this stage....hence any extra air piping??......

More
9 years 7 months ago #146951 by dieseldog
Its a nice looking old truck. I take it that the sleeper is an aftermarket fitment and not a Kenworth option?

Would there be any reason the air scoops are facing each other as opposed to looking forward or is someone playing funny buggars...

More
9 years 7 months ago #146952 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
The air intake would be like that when being carried on another truck it's done to stop air pressure spinning the turbo with no oil pressure to it when not running

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #146953 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: Drive About Truck Pics
Tec,
I would think your bit about the box is spot on, a lot of water has passed under de bridge since that

old girl first surfaced....So..any thing could be in it now.......For me, its a long way to go back to have another

bo-peep. I shoulda hadda betta look while i was there.
......................Billy...................

Time to create page: 0.956 seconds