Skip to main content

Drive About Truck Pics

More
1 year 6 months ago #240061 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Drive About Truck Pics

Is that an Atkinson or a Guy, beside the fraulein?
It is an Atkinson, but it belongs to some GUY, so you are right on both counts Morris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #240072 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Drive About Truck Pics
V8Ian, roadrunner Sarge needs to be Duck at the moment, can get of the farm but not out of the district..... so not for me..... but heck.... one day I will have to man up and make a decision of my own....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
1 year 6 months ago #240101 by mercskeepmeinajob
The operators plate Q/T has a "G" on the far right which is for a Goods Vehicle.
Buses have Q/T P all together on the left. Buses were not issued with these plates from around 1989. The truck Goods plates disappeared a lot earlier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
1 year 4 months ago #242018 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Drive About Truck Pics
Spotted this the other day..................
A quarry entrance near Mangrove Mountain , NSW central coast...........
Looks more like a full stop than a comma. .................

.....................Billy..................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, Tacho, wee-allis and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242045 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Drive About Truck Pics
Brocky45
Just in case you (and others) do not know, BillyP's comment about the Comma is a play on the brand of the truck, Commer, which was built in England by the Rootes Group which had also taken over manufacture of Hillman, Humber, Sunbeam and a few other car brands. The model shown is a Superpoise which has a Perkins diesel motor according to the Perkins emblem on the grille. The Petrol (gasolene?) option was a six cylinder motor with chrome bore liners that was sourced from the Humber Super Snipe car. Rootes group was later taken over by the Dodge/Chrysler group.

BillyP's reference to a full stop is a play on the British term for a dot at the end of a sentence which I think you call a Period. In English a period is a very different thing indeed.

By the way a good friend of mine has a small Australian built Commer utility (truck to you?) from the early 1950's, built from new on a Hillman Minx car but as it is a goods carrying vehicle, has Commer badges.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you are not getting blizzards in your area for Christmas. The forecast for Christmas day for the State Capital where I will be spending the day is 29 degrees Celsius (about 84 degrees Fahrenheit)

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mairjimmy, PaulFH, Brocky45

More
1 year 4 months ago #242047 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Drive About Truck Pics
Re commas and full stops, some years ago I purchased brake fluid with the brand name Comma. How inappropriate is that!
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mairjimmy

More
1 year 4 months ago #242051 by husky
Replied by husky on topic Drive About Truck Pics
They still make it ,brake and clutch fluid , Full stop,, would have been a more appropriate brand name ,

More
1 year 4 months ago #242056 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Drive About Truck Pics

Re commas and full stops, some years ago I purchased brake fluid with the brand name Comma. How inappropriate is that!
David.
What dot rating? ;)

More
1 year 4 months ago #242060 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Drive About Truck Pics
They could have gone one worse and named it a 'semi-colon' with emphasis on colong, the beginning of an @rse hole

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242069 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Drive About Truck Pics
Morris,
Thank you for that information.. I am slowly picking up some of your Pommy derived slang.
Here in South Carolina we are projected to have temps in the 20's (F) for the next few days.. Further north of us, very cold and snow storms..

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds