Skip to main content

Truck Licences what the

More
9 years 2 months ago #154983 by Mrsmackpaul
if your gunna fight my advice is dont hire any legal people to help will only cost more if it goes against you the law states you can represent your self and I have had 100% success representing myself and 100% fail using legal eagles

just my thoughts

Paul

oh yeah and I would have a crack you have nothing to loose except time and maybe court cost and I feel if you explain it the way we have youll do ok

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154984 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
Here we go say have a HC but tow only a A trailer with turntable but no B trailer same thing
Should only require the MC if second trailer hooked on

More
9 years 2 months ago #154985 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
As far as heavy vehicle licensing goes (in the eastern states anyway) we are now under "national standards" but there are still some state agencies that can't get used to it.
The court decision goes by what is written in Acts and Regulations, so a bit of home work with Lawlink is required so you can quote the relevant law part. In NSW you still need to pay the fine when asking for court appearance.
My take is copper is confused with requirement for licence test (75% loaded) coverering operation once qualified.
Once it gets a listing at court you will probably find that the prosecuter will see the error and withdraw the penalty, which might see you still with points on your licence which is another bone of contention.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154986 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
my wife got a HR in a prime mover thru a reputable driving school mmm. Seems she is not allowed to drive my prime mover bobtail !!
Ability seems to be the operative word here? Be careful not to tow a trailer with a ringfeeder on a hc. what a load of crap because you have the ability to make a roadtrain HA. How many have been knocked off with a ringfeeder in an extendable. yep!! Not allowed to use an extendable as a lead unless roadtrain pin fitted across rails. These rules are getting stupider (if that's not a word than it is now ) by the minute

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 2 months ago #154987 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
FWIW

Wen U go fir lorry lie sense aintcha got a choice of .... Auto .... Synchro .... or Road Ranger

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 2 months ago #154988 by stevejr
Yep go in a syncro and that is all ya can drive marked on licence

More
9 years 2 months ago #154989 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
I think it is just 2 choices: Auto/synchro or R/R

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 2 months ago #154990 by stevejr
Get this one. guy I know held a HR for quite a while went into main road office walked out with HC no test. Couldn't drive forwards let alone backward

More
9 years 2 months ago #154991 by busntruck

As far as heavy vehicle licensing goes (in the eastern states anyway) we are now under "national standards" but there are still some state agencies that can't get used to it.
The court decision goes by what is written in Acts and Regulations, so a bit of home work with Lawlink is required so you can quote the relevant law part. In NSW you still need to pay the fine when asking for court appearance.
My take is copper is confused with requirement for licence test (75% loaded) coverering operation once qualified.
Once it gets a listing at court you will probably find that the prosecuter will see the error and withdraw the penalty, which might see you still with points on your licence which is another bone of contention.

If it's a NSW issued penalty notice, write away to the Infringement processing and state your claim that the penalty notice was issued incorrectly (with any supporting evidence you have) and in mmany cases there is no need to go to court.

The Policeman is wrong in this case.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
9 years 2 months ago #154992 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Truck Licences what the
In Victoria all the information about objecting or contesting the infringement are printed on the back of the infringement notice. You have just over a month to pay the fine OR lodge a dispute. If you dispute it, the ticket will be put on hold, the officer will be instructed to compile a brief, issue a summons for the court nearest where the infrigement was alledged. The brief will be reviewed by the supervisior and if there is no evidence or the charge is wrong, the brief will not be authorised and the driver will be advised that the matter has been withdrawn.

The Brief/summons process could take maybe 6 months to get to court. So dont hold your breath....

and some rules from the Road Safety (Drivers) Regulations 2009

s.11 Authority given by heavy rigid vehicle licence
The holder of a heavy rigid vehicle licence is authorised to drive

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds