Skip to main content

Mack ......... nothing but M A C K pix

More
5 years 5 months ago #197053 by werkhorse

Mrsmackpaul wrote:

JOHN.K. wrote: Will the pic blow up enough to read the door.?....From memory TIR was a European thing,allowed the truck to cross borders without search..

Transport International Route , Im pretty sure that's what it means
Sounds heaps better in French

There was quite a few COE Macks in Europe from what I gather
I have been following a Facebook group for some years that is about the trucks and drivers running to the middle east
There is always Macks the details with on it every few days

Paul

Actually it was Transport International Routier ;) it was a customs thing where you could, under the rules of the agreement, have your truck/trailer sealed in the country of origin and, with the documents for the load as a declaration, pass through the many borders of Europe without the normal border checks which could often mean unloading the load for inspection at each border, thus saving transit time and finally open the load at the destination.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #197055 by Dave_64
"Actually it was Transport International Routier ;) it was a customs thing where you could, under the rules of the agreement, have your truck/trailer sealed in the country of origin and, with the documents for the load as a declaration, pass through the many borders of Europe without the normal border checks which could often mean unloading the load for inspection at each border, thus saving transit time and finally open the load at the destination."
Just imagine the rorting that would have been going on, especially pre-containerisation days?
Forging documents, false floors in/on bodies etc etc.
They have enough concerns with containers in the modern era, X-rays, opening them up and so on.
Human nature dictates that if there is a law or regulation laid down, then there are just as many who will try and circumvent those laws.
Like drugs. Whilstever the profits are so attractive, greed will always be simply too much temptation.
Dave

More
5 years 5 months ago #197056 by Swanny

werkhorse wrote:

overnite wrote:

JOHN.K. wrote: What did they call the Renault trucks they tried to sell as Mack s here in the eighties......was it poodles?......................if I was only decades out,I d be lucky.

Vatican Mack’s?

Well the Mack Midliner, based on the Renault G260, was known as the Poodle ... Then there was the Manager/Maxter model that were a bit bigger and came in the 90s I think ....

Vatican Macks, as far as I know, was the name for Fiat Trucks in the 70s .....

I agree with werkhorse on the Vatican Macks when I drove for Bruce Panucci in the 70s he had 2 Fiats & the drivers used to call them Vatican Macks & Bruno used to arc up when we called them that as he was a Roman Catholic :lol: :lol:

More
5 years 5 months ago #197058 by JOHN.K.
I knew quite a few Italian contractors,including Transfield,and none would tolerate Fiats or Renaults.......only R models ,or Z&T liked the V series Benzs too.

More
5 years 5 months ago #197060 by roKWiz
couple of nice Macks at the recent Euroa Car Nats.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Southbound

More
5 years 5 months ago #197070 by grandad
1940 Mack FN

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
5 years 5 months ago #197072 by eerfree
Nothery from the Gympie Truckies Day Out

Bob,
I do not know how I got over the hill without ever getting to the top.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz, xspanrman

More
5 years 5 months ago #197154 by grandad
Mack H series

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
5 years 5 months ago #197168 by grandad
Mack in Spain

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #197184 by grandad
Mack LHSW

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by grandad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds