Skip to main content

1962 Inter AA110.

More
8 years 1 month ago #167571 by Rossco
Replied by Rossco on topic 1962 Inter AA110.
Yeah thats what I did yesterday and it was definitely sucking it up! You can hear it when its running anyway. Quite a loud whistle or vacuum noise!

Cheers for the ideas though Jim!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #167578 by Rossco
Anyone know a good place to get leads for these?

I'm sure for plugs I can just wander in to any reputable auto store and they should have some!

More
8 years 1 month ago #167662 by wombat 46
Replied by wombat 46 on topic 1962 Inter AA110.
I have been driving Diesel's for years now, but you used to be able to take the leads in and just match up the lengths with the new ones. I can remember even changing the lengths slightly if my old ones where too short or long etc.
Jim

More
8 years 1 month ago #167683 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1962 Inter AA110.
Hi Rossco,

That certainly is a good looking Inter.

Plug leads are plug leads, unless you are a Hot Rodder at heart and want fancy looking ones. Any parts place should have a rack of them, just take your old ones in and match the lengths, or measure yours and take the measurements in. Don't forget the coil lead which will have the two ends the same!

The basic difference is either a copper core (best for older vehicles without too many electronics added) or carbon core which are better for electronics but VERY easy to break the carbon without even knowing it.

Replace the leaking carby gasket and see how it runs.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
8 years 1 month ago #167702 by Rossco
Hey Morris and wombat!

I figured plugs and leads wouldn't be too hard.

I'm hoping the water pump isn't going to be too difficult either. Might even just try and rebuild it.

Motor is going to come out this weekend. Haven't yet got the gaskets needed but they are ordered. Going to do the rocker cover, side plate, sump and rear main seal. Check out the clutch and engine mounts while I'm in there and then hopefully slap it back in after a quick coat of paint! New leads and plugs. Fix that carby leak and hopefully I will have a nice smooth runner.

Need to get the radiator serviced whilst all that is out also. Got a couple of holes in it. Hopefully its not too bad on the inside!

More
8 years 1 month ago #167957 by Rossco
Any chance anyone here knows of a good way to either do it myself or who can do it for me, to get my steel rims cleaned up and painted? Thinking about doing the cream/off white look. Once there done there done that way. From what I've seen white walls will be too expensive to have on this. Its hopefully going to get driven a fair bit!

More
8 years 1 month ago #167964 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic 1962 Inter AA110.
Rossco looks like your jiggers still got the Lucas ignition electrics if you need them I've got a brand new cap, points and condenser but if you want it a bit more reliable the later model Bosch dizzy from the 281 will fit straight in, as far as the water pump you should be able to get the bearing from a good bearing shop, but be careful pressing the impeller off, PM me if your in the market

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 1 month ago #167965 by Rossco
Oldgmc it does indeed have the original gear. I've been trying to figure out what I can do with it!

Is it possible to chuck a new cap on with modern style leads? The contacts on the end of the screw in leads on one or two are folded over and look pretty shoddy. Though the old girl has been running okish. Definitely looking for it to work properly. Do I need to swap the dizzy out or can I chuck a new cap on?

Cheers for the advice and possible parts!

More
8 years 1 month ago #167966 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic 1962 Inter AA110.
Rossco the AA's have Holley 2110 same as some of the Volkwagens run or do what I did make up an adaptor plate and put a Stromberg on it they run really well

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 1 month ago #167967 by Rossco
Yeah thats what my research has told me. I'm most inclined to think it is a 2110-FF

I'm hoping to rebuild it if I can find a kit. Would like to get into it myself. Never done one. Would like to see its insides. Did my apprenticeship as a fitter and machinist and workdled in engine recon for 10 years so would think I should be able to figure it out!

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds