Skip to main content

Pics From Work

More
9 years 10 months ago #19907 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Pics From Work
oldfulla, glad you back on the job, did you have a couple of new sleeves fitted so you should be firing on all cylinders. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #19908 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Pics From Work

oldfulla, glad you back on the job, did you have a couple of new sleeves fitted so you should be firing on all cylinders. ;) ;) ;) ;)

This is probably a bit off topic (may be should be in the new births, deaths and marriages section)- but hey - lifes too short to get too concerned about things like that (LOL Admin).

Yeah - thats the ones. Had one done about 10 years ago - but this time seemed a bit more urgent.

The 1st option they offered was to do an 'out of chassis' job (by-passes) - but I jibbed at that one so we went for sleeving.

Then after all initial excitment- they reckon the re-sleeveing option - they reckoned it turned out 'good as new'.

All pretty high tech stuff. Sort of glad it happened last week and not 3 weeks ago when I was in the scrub miles from any where for a fortnight.

But - for anyone who has never been there - if it ever happens you will know - its the weidist pain (a sensation I would call it) you will ever experience.

Not sure about being back on all cylinders just yet - still feeling like I've been thru a washing machine backwards. Thats probably more to do with having a severe dislike for being kept in a cage for a week. Didnt handle that bit very well at all. Had to run with the trailer brakes dragging a bit a few times there - to slow things down a bit.

Also - for what its worth for us few smokers left out there - those patch thingos seemed to work pretty well - in that enviorment anyway. The HD90 grade ones were a bit light - so had to go on to the EP140 version.

Anyway - thanks for asking - tis appreciated.

Oldfulla

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #19909 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Pics From Work
Re: pic's in post 678.

I have since learned that those rail wagons have come in from China !!!

Bloody hell,
No wonder this country. . . >:( [smiley=cry.gif]

cya

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 10 months ago #19910 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Pics From Work
Bobsboy

I was going to mention that when the pics were first posted - but forgot too.

In this part of the world (Nth QLD) Pacific National bought in (from China) about 4 x 1klm trains of ore wagons about 18months ago.

However - at that time - their loco fleet was still Aussie made. As are most of the east coast stuff - however I now read about new operators coming in - and old ones expanding their fleets with locos from China too.

All sort of sad - when not that long ago we made all our own ships, trains, cars etc - not to mention all the other stuff. During WW2 we even made planes -and bloody hundreds of then in a very short time.

Wont be long now until we no longer make our own cars - all gone to the global level playing field that some idiot politican dreamt up a few years ago.

And sadly - none of the current crop of 'leaders' have woken up yet either. And they keep wondering why the National & all the State Govts are broke - and trying to live on a falling income stream. Wont belong before someone starts shooting some of them.

Gee - I feel a whole lot better after getting all that off my chest. :D

Oldfulla

More
9 years 8 months ago #19911 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Pics From Work
Didn't really know where to post them found them among some old slides of the parents
The first one not real sure where but was in the Pyalong area in one of two locations but fair chance just south of the town
The second is when the highway went through the town the house is still standing and this would have been around mid 70's

More
9 years 8 months ago #19912 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Pics From Work
::) Under cover parking ? :D

Trust me

More
9 years 8 months ago #19913 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic Re: Pics From Work
only missed the garage door by a bit! :o

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 8 months ago #19914 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Pics From Work
SLoon Car Browny

Wotycha do n wiff D Buc Mobool
Lookz like itz down in the creek

LOL

L@@Kz like U get round a bit

LOL

:D ;) ;D

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #19915 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Pics From Work
Ya ya. (ta Werkhorse, howdja find it?) [musta bin lookin to hard/fast]

Anyway, spotted this at the lights. . .

duh? :-[

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 6 months ago #19916 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Pics From Work
Just scrolled down the first page in the General section ;) twas sittin right there

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds