Skip to main content

Back to the Track

More
2 years 8 months ago #224489 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Back to the Track
Thanks for sharing your journey, Lang. (Typed with much envy)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224491 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Back to the Track
Dont speak too soon!

We now have 3000km to get home to Brisbane in an 80 year old car.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #224502 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Back to the Track

Dont speak too soon!

We now have 3000km to get home to Brisbane in an 80 year old car.

Lang

Great stuff Lang, and thank you for taking us along for the ride so far

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224503 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Back to the Track
What a total FU!

Hooked up the camper and were driving out of Darwin at 1100. On the radio came the announcement that Darwin was locked down for 72 hours from 1200. Katherine was also locked down not giving enough time to flee to the south.

Retreated to Hidden Valley caravan park on the southern outskirts. Got in the door at 1145 before they closed the park gate for 3 days.

Vans and motorhomes pulled up in every parking bay in the north unable to move.

Bev said one of the girls in our park office was howling her eyes out from the screaming abuse from grey nomads locked outside the gate ot trapped inside.

These politicians are complete f......g morons. ONE person tests positive and hundreds of thousands are disrupted costing millions.

Anyhow I just saw a tv show called Home and Away, must be new as I have never seen it. Seems Chantelles brother Brett is not the father of the child borne by Christalles (his former girlfriend who turned out to be lesbian) mother it is the police sergeant who just arrested Bretts mate Julian who has convinced Christalle she is not lesbian after all as she too has now fallen pregnant.

Sorry cant fill you in on the rest as the ad break has finished and I must get back to the show.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
2 years 8 months ago #224504 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Back to the Track

Bev said one of the girls in our park office was howling her eyes out from the screaming abuse from grey nomads locked outside the gate ot trapped inside.

Another good reason to ban grey nomads from owning caravans :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

That is disgraceful behavior, for anyone to be out traveling and to expect it to all go as normally as it would in normal times is a bit of a fool and then to take out their frustrations on people trying to work is a disgrace

Covid is what it is and until its under control we are living a life full of uncertainty

Is it any more uncertain than any other year, probably not but it's more in your face than ever before with social media been what it is today

Exciting news on the new TV program you have discovered

As to the government's been morons, I dunno what rock you've be living under to have missed that until now :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Another day not wasted for you Lang, they say every day you dont learn something new is a day wasted

Your already ahead of schedule with two new thing learnt today

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 8 months ago #224510 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Back to the Track
That is a very sad situation for the office lady to have to face. First thing for her to do is ring the Police as it is the Nomads at fault not a company following the rules set out by out GUMMNET. As for this TV show, already I have heard way too much info on it. I have purposely spent my life avoiding it, same as that other one Days of Our Drearies or The Old and the Spewtiful.

Maybe a warning on any further details on these ones please Lang.
In the mean time sit back with Bev and enjoy the break together.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
2 years 8 months ago #224513 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Back to the Track
I've never watched the show but my youngest Son recently worked on the sound recording of it.

I find it remarkable that people can actually willingly watch this crap.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224516 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Back to the Track
Lang What's wrong with an 80 year old car? So it's older than you! My 1926 and 1927 Morris Commercials, the 1939 Morris Ute as well as the 1929 Chev are all older than me! I just wish the 1950 and 1952 Morris Commercials and maybe the 1977 Leyland car were younger than me as well!

I will leave Home and Away to you. As long as it stays Away (a long, long way) from me I will be happy.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
2 years 8 months ago #224535 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Back to the Track
.It doesnt seem the crop of grey nomads are doing them selves any favors , does it, ????
We have been caravanning for 40 odd years, but for the last 18 months or so ,have decided to
stop travelling simply because of the current situation and the problems that may arise.
When you think about it,,, most , if not all, outbreaks have been started by one ( or maybe two)
people travelling while positive (knowingly or not ) and then all hell breaks loose..........
So how do you stop the spread .....maybe stop moving about if at all possible.
But give most people an inch and they take a mile................
Evidenced by the mass exodus from areas that are contemplating lock down........
What is a better way to spread infections ...........??????????
Yeah, so to stop the exodus, they cannot ask people nicely , that is totally ignored...........
So some strict measures have to be employed ..........,stiff cack...........
Some of our pollies are morons ,but others are human and trying to help the situation
which in hind sight may not have been right (but how do you know what IS right.at the time )..............
In saying that ,a lot of the people that are out and about may be classed as morons too ..............
In my opinion ( which probably doesnt count for much ), as well as everybody getting the jab,
STOP TRAVELLING........or be super careful. ...............
.....................Billy..................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Dave_64, Morris, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 years 8 months ago #224536 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Back to the Track
Knowing you Lang, you'll be crawling up the wall. Mid-trip maintenance on the Chev is my only suggestion to ward off boredom...

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds