Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
1 year 5 months ago #241684 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Frauline Friday
Fire truck on a 6x6 Mercedes 2632
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #241685 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday
Yes guys and gals, it's Frauline Friday again

A proud new owner taking delivery of a fresh new Frauline

Read all about it im the link bellow

historictrucks.blogspot.com/2011/04/1418-mercedes-benz.html?m=1

Doesnt look much good for Kenworth owners

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU

More
1 year 5 months ago #241768 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Thats John Arnold, he was a popular man in the old truck scene, with his wife Heather, and a N10 Volvo etc. Lovely people. dad knew John on the road many moons ago, and said John was so clean that he'd NEVER get in his truck with his boots on..
John passed away a year or two ago I think?
Cheers
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #241778 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Frauline Friday
I only got to know John in his later years. His restored trucks were always immaculate even though he lived down a dirt road or was it his driveway? He loved his Volvo's. The last time he took several trucks to a show he was feeling more unwell as the day wore on and started worrying about how he would get the trucks home. He was amazed when home time came and mates who he trusted jumped into each of his trucks and drove them carefully home. John's lovely Wife Heather drove him home in her car.

John passed away as Rich says, a few years ago. Heather continued as Secretary of the Trafalgar Truck Restorers' Club for several years after John's passing.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #241870 by Mrsmackpaul
You lucky lot, look at this it us Frauline Friday again and I remembered

How good is that

Craig Johnson photo

???? 50 years ago #OnThisDay 13 December 1972, an old 1418 Benz truck rolls on its side loosing its load of timber at the corner of Kent & Market Streets, Sydney - Once the gun truck half a century ago!

Ruffus Carr photo

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, husky, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #242127 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Frauline Friday
I though I would put this here , Mercedes concrete pump truck at home this week pumping concrete for another shed I am building.The all up weight was 33tonnes, boom weight 17 tonnes and if my memory serves me still the boom has to be xrayed every 250 pump hours at a cost of $50, 000. Sorry about the quality of the photo

You can't have too many toys!
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by oliver1950. Reason: original photo was too big
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wouldyou, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, Brocky45

More
1 year 5 months ago #242130 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
NMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #242139 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Frauline Friday
Be fun trying to pull that up, the only braking power a 1418 had was a bogie trailer with S cams. The air over hydraulics on the prime mover were hopeless.

More
1 year 5 months ago #242140 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Yep Overnite, I do remember going down Cunninghams Gap in the 1418 with Dad, second low, on the exhaust brake all the way, with the occasional jab on the brakes to bring the revs down again for a while...
Anyway here is a couple of pics I found on the face thing. What better christmas present could you have than a few lovely Fraulines, eh?
Cheers
Rich

Love this one. Early 70's by the XA Falcon up top. Just the way things used to be...No Hi Vis here, thats for sure.

See old mate would rather drive the 1418 than the KW...

And one of mine with the old Ex Beckleys 1418 on the back, just went to a new home towing a water cart around a trotting track.
Have a great christmas you blokes!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, husky, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #242161 by Mrsmackpaul
Thanks fellas for allowing my Frauline Fetish to play out in front of your screens

Good work to those that have gone along with my stupidity

Not much from the stolen web this week

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, husky, Pierre, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

Time to create page: 1.223 seconds