Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
1 year 4 months ago #242826 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
A couple of hours start on the FF committee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242850 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
NMP Tumbarumba Transport
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis

More
1 year 4 months ago #242852 by Swanny
Replied by Swanny on topic Frauline Friday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #242859 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday

NMP Tumbarumba Transport

Aint that a dream machine

Anyway, while Swishman was going all gah gah of the Volvo picks Overlander shared I spotted this gem

I mean, just how sexy is this ?
The big bunk, boggie drive (a must for me)
And all that unbridled horsepowet
Might drop em a line and snap this bargin up

Or, you like spidets I hear

Well how anout this ?

Have great Frauline Friday everyone

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 4 months ago #243085 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Frauline Friday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 4 months ago #243088 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Frauline Friday
Grandad,
Any idea where that last picture was taken??? Looks like left hand steering and a European language???

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #243089 by Lang
It is a French truck but I suppose could have been photographed anywhere as it has TIR plates. TIR is an international agreement to speed up customs procedures throughout Europe and several Middle East countries.

Looks like it is on the north-south run (Pays-Bas is French for Netherlands)

I have never heard the word "lorriers" before but I suppose the Poms must have a word to equal American "truckers" or Australian "truckies"

TIR procedures
Lorriers making use of the TIR procedure must first obtain an internationally harmonised customs document, referred to as a TIR carnet. TIR carnets are issued by national road transport associations. This customs document is valid internationally and as well as describing the goods, their shipper and their destination, represents a financial guarantee. When a lorry arrives at a border customs post it need not pay import duties and taxes on goods at that time. Instead the payments are suspended. If the vehicle transits the country without delivering any goods, no taxes are due. If it fails to leave the country with all the goods, then the taxes are billed to the importer and the financial guarantee backstops the importer's obligation to pay the taxes. TIR transits are carried out in bond, i.e. the lorry must be sealed as well as bearing the carnet. The security payment system is administered by the International Road Transport Union (IRU).

The TIR procedure is mostly used with Eastern European countries that are not in the EU (e.g. Russia and Ukraine), Turkey, and parts of the Near East. Since the formation of the European single market, the TIR procedure has become unnecessary for intra-EU goods transport.

As a result of Brexit, TIR carnets could become part of the solution to merchandise traffic between Great Britain and other European countries, or for goods to transit intra-EU, for example between Ireland and mainland Europe.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis, Brocky45

More
1 year 4 months ago #243090 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Frauline Friday
Brocky,
Think the picture was taken in Holland
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Brocky45

More
1 year 4 months ago #243102 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Frauline Friday
Here a couple from Alice Springs 2015

This one Longwarry

there you are Paul a frauline or two

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, overlander, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #243259 by Lang
Was just going to put it in For Sale but I suppose it is one of the more rare Fraulines. I think it is the ugly little sister.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, roKWiz, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds