Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #250695 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
From July 1967 Truck and Bus Transportation magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #250702 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday
Thank you everyone for keeping this ticking along, life has been absolutely hectic of late and Fridays come and go and I don't even realize 
HAPPY FRAULINE FRIDAY EVERYONE 

some more photos flogged from Facebook, dunno if they have been around before, if they have you get to enjoy them again

there yah be, have a great Friday everyone

Paul 

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #250705 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
NMP From T and BT Magazine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #250707 by Mrsmackpaul
The 1418 Benz style were trucks were everywhere and seemingly vanished over night 

forgive if I have said that before, but it really shocks me that this happens to cars and trucks
And the little benz was so well built, I grew up on a potato farm, plenty of little benz's turned up for a load, don't ever recall a Dodge or ACCO collecting spuds to run up to Brisvegas 

And considering how much of a power house the little benz is it really is amazing, 24 ton like Horsefeilds Globetrotters 
Old KW cab overs would take a mam sized load and a bit, as did the Roadboss and White 4000

anyway enough from me

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #250712 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
I was not there long but well remember one of the Hartridge subbies in the mid-60's when I was pushing my little Commer had a 1418. It was immaculate and I always thought it was like a Rolls Royce amongst the crappy AEC's. Inters, Bedfords etc that came and went from Hartridges yard in Footscray Road.

The owner was an older bloke who wore a clean business shirt (no tie) and neatly pressed dress trousers.

I equated his truck with the upper crust of roadrunners but the second time I passed him on the Hume going to Sydney I figured the old 6-354 was not too bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #250720 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Frauline Friday

Thanks for that xspanrman, thats the exact, first prime mover that I was paid to drive, albeit after the fleet colours had changed to dark blue and green IIRC, the name had also changed to Queenstate.

Lang, I know from where you are coming. I had more than the occasional seat clenching moments, running out of gears on amongst others, Rifle Range and the old Burringbah, when I could hear each firing stroke. The old girl never gave up though,  however any half decent hill was simply fallen over.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by V8Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #250724 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Frauline Friday
Remember owner- driver commenting they were a good truck, but needed a bag over the headlights so they couldn’t see the hills.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #250725 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
V8 

My old Commer was a pretty good truck for the time and in an era of 40-45mph highway trucks it certainly passed more than was passed itself. Having said that I can relate to your 1418 hills.

If I had a full load the very last 100 metre pinch on Mount Lofty and the same at the top of the Moonbi Range heading north from Tamworth. Only time ever that I got into low-low and saw the revs down to about 800 wondering what the hell I was going to do if it stopped.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #250788 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Frauline Friday

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, roKWiz, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #250789 by Mrsmackpaul
HAPPY FRAULINE FRIDAY EVERYONE 

good work Grandad and everyone else that gets involved 

well let me see what I have borrowed for this week

a screen shot of a screen shot from the Heggies Facelessbook page

have a grear weekend everyone 

Paul 

The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds