Skip to main content

Museums

More
1 year 8 months ago #238572 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Museums
Greetings. When the cook was in New Zealand she happened to visit the National Transport & Toy museum in Wanaka. And then Cath went to this gaff called Highlands which has a lot of sports cars and at least one truck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, Brocky45, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #238573 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Museums
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 8 months ago #238577 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Museums
Overlander last time I was in New Zealand I also went to the Toyaand Transport Museum at Wanaka. It claims to have the largest collection of Soft Toys in the world. It also had many mock-ups of rooms furnished in the way of a particular time with manequins dressed in the clothes of the day. When I was there several years ago, they had several huge sheds/aircraft hangers filled with cars, trucks and three aeroplanes. Outside there were dozens of trucks of all types as well as many earthmoving machines. The owner could not get a permit to build another hanger because he was in the flightpath of the local aerodrome. As the watertable is many metres underground he was inviting his mates every now and then to play with the machinery digging a huge hole into which he planned to build a new huge shed mostly underground. I believe that the shed has now been built. I hope to see it when/if I ever get back there.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds