Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24052 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

Thizn found his way to Longworry Truck Sho

2nd Feb 2013

it had the hatches in de hood

;)

Has been previously noted and have chatted with the owner who bought it from TNT and has been v ery helpful with tracking down other SAR's .... it is/was 1PA274 then became 3NA274 in the 90's .... this was built in the same block as my bosses SAR but is at the start of the run.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24053 by werkhorse

Does that cabin and windscreen look right? :-/

Bit of a W.A.G. Browny & say that It's ; gotta late model cabshell on it (with the one piece Screen)......

BISTBC........

Reckon it might be an illusion the wipers are old SAR ones

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24054 by werkhorse
What happened to the other SAR that was posted here :o :o :o Although it wasn't from the 1985 batch it was a 1978 model but still could have been ex TNT.

For those of you who are looking about for ex TNT SAR's here are a few things to look for

most TNT SAR's were 24 Volt

most had 7 inch headlights

whilst earlier ones had 5 markers the ones built after 1982 only had 3 on the roof

circuit breakers mounted on the dash- early ones in the centre part of the dash, while later ones on the right side dash near the door

Only the post 1982 ones seem to have the doors in the bonnet

Chassis number and if under the bonnet paint code details will confirm it as EX TNT also

To all the people looking for them .... thank you as it would be impossible for me to track as many down as I have.

out of the two batches of 1985 built ones I have found the following fleet numbers

first batch which span 272 to 280ish
possible lead on 272

second batch which span 287 to 296

and 2 others i have by chassis number but cannot as yet match them to fleet numbers .... although I am working on some leads for that too

There are two other batches after these ones which I believe were either late 1985 or sometime in 1986 but these were fitted with 8V92's and 13 speeds or 3406's and 15 speeds instead of the 9 speed for both engines in the previous ones.

one further note about the suspension ... the post 1982 TNT SAR's had either torsion bar or six rod ... so were either W924SAR's or W925SAR's .... there were no W923SARs at TNT .... if that makes sense :-? :-? ::) ::) :D :D ;)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24055 by werkhorse

Does that cabin and windscreen look right? :-/

Bit of a W.A.G. Browny & say that It's ; gotta late model cabshell on it (with the one piece Screen)......

BISTBC........

Reckon it might be an illusion the wipers are old SAR ones

Whilst typing all this out I recieved an e mail and I believe this one is a December 1984 built SAR which I was alerted to quite a while ago. I think the fleet number would be somewhere around the 260 mark...

.... and yes it does have a split screen

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24056 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
oops sorry werk was me ..yeah stuffed up there
anyway heres the 78 my mate sent pics to me about a month ago now im pestering him for the chassis No.

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24057 by werkhorse
I can help ya there it is 403357 a 1978 W923SAR. It can not be an ex TNT truck as at the time they specced every KW with torsion bar, K's, W's and SAR's

Let me know if I got the chassis number right ;) ;) ;) 8-)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24058 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
no need mate i already looked at rta and 3357 were the last 4 No. but had no idea about the rest

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #24059 by werkhorse
Still a damed fine piece of Aussie history ... 8-) 8-) 8-)

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #24060 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

I can help ya there it is 403357 a 1978 W923SAR. It can not be an ex TNT truck as at the time they specced every KW with torsion bar, K's, W's and SAR's

Let me know if I got the chassis number right ;) ;) ;) 8-)

G'day Werk, Its been quite a while since I've seen that one but the info I got off it was #403357 ex TNT, June 78,8V92TT @ 365hp,RT-12509 (9speed),FF931 front axle (12,000lb),SQHD @ 3.70 on RTEA-380 Hendrickson (extended leaf,alumium beams),no sleeper. Cheers James.
ps.I think it was a group of 7,Jimbo may be able to confirm this one...

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds