Skip to main content

Aussie Refuse Trucks

More
14 years 8 hours ago - 14 years 8 hours ago #27940 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Unreal!. I really don't know what to say :o.. JJR put heaps of work and effort into creating 'DART' (Dual Application Refuse Trucks) bodies, very interesting design. I was under the belief that JJR ditched the japanese ages ago and stuck to buying ACCO cab/chassis trucks. All ways got next week to get a proper look at it:D
Last edit: 14 years 8 hours ago by Stevo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 hours ago #27941 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Hmmm...........didn't think I had any til I had a look.....amazing what you forget you have

These do ???

Local company here in northern Tasmania they do all of the main collections

And of course can't for get Collex (now Veolia)

And a real oldy for ya......still running aroud the place on watse paper duties now.

Found some Mercs too

Running around here until recently (I have sent many a day under this old POS fixing air leaks ...NOT fun at all)

Thanks to Dan Turner for this side of it.

And a Skip lifter.....you interested in these at all ??

Even got an MCR Mack hooklift.. thanks to Danny ...again

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 6 hours ago #27942 by Stevo
Excellent pics!!. Heard of Jones Waste Management before, don't know much about them. My mate got picture of a truck of theirs (Volvo FM with MacDonald Johnston MNL front lift body) quiet a while back in Victoria. Looks like Veolia does a fantastic job keeping their trucks in good condition. Gotta love the older MacDonald Johnston side loaders:D. I like the older ACCO rear loader. Not sure what model it is exactly, but i think it's before the 1830 C series. What-ever model it is, they stand awfully tall, like an International T-Line:D. Body looks like an older MacDonald Johnston JP5 rear loader, with the 'swing link' packer blade. That's a bummer about the Merc V Series stuffing up, specially with the air leaks:(. I heard that the V Series was a very reliable truck, even more so than the ACCO. I like the Merc fitted with a MacDonald Johnston MNL front lift body, nice design to them:P. That pic of the V Series 'hooky' skip lifter is fantastic!. I've truly never even imagined a V Series used as a skip bin lifter:D. That Mack MCR (colloquially known simply as MR in the US) is unreal!. I wonder if Veolia used any MCR's for anything else other than hook lift bins..

More
13 years 11 months ago #27943 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Here are a couple Stevo, the first one is late 90s, last ones badged as "International".

The next one is 2009 one of a batch they built for Adelaide running on CNG, Compressed Natural gas, held in 3 tanks inside that chequer plate box behind the cab.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27944 by Stevo
Nice, that International badged ACCO would be of been built any where from 1997-1999. Seems like it's in good condition for it's age. That newer ACCO is simply fantastic 8-), being that it has a 'Recycler' body, it can hold heaps (when i mean heaps..HEAPS) of bins before unloading. 11-12 sometimes 13 tonnes to the max.:P

More
13 years 11 months ago #27945 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
the new Iveco stralis i been using a bit lately,not bad trans is semi auto thing takes a bit to get used to,gimme a R/R anyday ;D
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/dodge700davesplaceworktrucks002.jpg?t=1273662577

&&Grasp

More
13 years 11 months ago #27946 by Stevo
Rippa rig!. I didn't know Sita bought some Iveco Stralis hook lift trucks. Stralis is my second favourite Iveco truck:D

More
13 years 11 months ago #27947 by disco
Replied by disco on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Hey Cribby was that u in Dandy sth last friday while I was rear end lifting the veolia volvo

More
13 years 11 months ago #27948 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
hi stevo, heres some i used to drive at blackwater. i had to take photos of them to get them on here. they are better in real. if you want i can scan and send them to you.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27949 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Is this the look? it was around the corner from work a couple of weeks ago.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds