Skip to main content

Aussie Refuse Trucks

More
12 years 2 months ago #28000 by Cams290
Replied by Cams290 on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks

I just converted a dual control Acco garbage spec c/chassis to normal control and fitted a tipper body.
It was the 1st Acco to have the Hendrickson Air tek front air bag suspension.
All garbage spec Acco's come down the production with pre drilled chassis to suit different compactor body manufacturers.
Mine is a Macdonald Johnson spec (MJE), Superior Pak and JJ Richards are all different.
Iveco really go out of their way to help the body builders and I am suprised at how well the later Acco's drive, it's quieter inside than my little Mack and really well built.
And light years better than my old 2670.

That's a phenomenal job you did with converting that ACCO G from dual control to right hand side drive. Looks like as if Iveco built as a right hand drive. It's amazing how that truck was once doing a residential garbage collection route, now it's on tipper duties. The uses for ACCO's is endless, goes to show that their a great truck. The newer ACCO's are fabulous, the Cummins ISL engine gives the ACCO a competitive upper hand advantage, against the other brands.

That's once nice looking T2670 you got, guessing it was built in the late 80's- early 90's? :P.

I actualy got hold of the Acco before it was used as a garbage truck, it was the engineering test truck for the Hendrickson airtek airbag front end, it only had 600hrs and 19,000k's on it.
I sold my old T Line about 4 years ago, it was a L10 300hp, 15 direct on 4.11's, 1988 Model....tough as nails that truck, I replaced it with a 2007 Mack Metroliner 8x4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #28001 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Here's a bit of hi tech Veolia gear I found in Singapore recently.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
12 years 1 month ago #28002 by Mr T
Replied by Mr T on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Hi all, these were taken some time ago at North Armadale, WA. I hope you like them!

Cheers!

More
12 years 1 month ago #28003 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks

Hi all, these were taken some time ago at North Armadale, WA. I hope you like them!

Cheers!

Nice shots! :D. The truck's got a 23m Superior Pak Raptor body.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #28004 by Mastiff540
Replied by Mastiff540 on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Where we are in Harkaway Vic we have gone from Iveco Acco's to these new Dennis trucks.

1980 Leyland Mastiff 540&&1942 V8 Ford Jailbar 3 Ton&&1982 Volkswagen Kombi Transpor
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Mastiff540.

More
11 years 11 months ago #28005 by Mr T
Replied by Mr T on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
How are they, are they better than the ACCOs?

Cheers!

More
11 years 11 months ago #28006 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
I wonder about the engine cooling with the cab set that low.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28007 by Bonester
Replied by Bonester on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Transpacific have just got the contract for the Moreton Bay region in QLD - north of Brisbane (used to be Pine Rivers, Caboolture & Redcliffe) and they are using this style of Dennis. I didn't know Dennis was still around as a brand.

Transpacific are not my favourite company as they are extremely bad payers and still owe me money for some work I did on one of their phone systems many months ago.

I don't know if you are aware that Superior Pak are one of their subsidiaries. I've noticed a few JJ Richards trucks with Superior Pak bodies.

More
11 years 8 months ago #28008 by Cams290
Replied by Cams290 on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Transpacific are also the importer of Western Star trucks, Dennis trucks are tied up there somewhere too with them. It's amazing who and what Transpacific own.
Early reports are that the Dennis Sideloaders are not coping well with our high temperatures and crap roads. The cabs are like glass houses and the aircon is useless because the drivers keep the left hand windows down when picking the bins up.
Where as the acco cabs don't get any where near as hot.

More
11 years 7 months ago #28009 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
The 'dennis' trucks have only 2x things in common with the Acco's:

-They both have Cummins ISL engines and both have Alison Auto transmission.

I loath transpacific cleanaway, worst waste company ever! >:(

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds