Skip to main content

Aussie Refuse Trucks

More
13 years 11 months ago #27950 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Here are a couple. Bloke had a good run out of 2 old suzies. Now into 2 acco side lifters.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27951 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Whats gone wrong with the hook truck ? i thought these were foolproof.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27952 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
There is a corner at those lights Pete, I'd say old mate has hooked around there trying to catch the green light and it started to tip over. So he's lucky it didn't have a bit more wieght in it, other wise the whole outfit may have gone base over apex. I must admit, I know nothing about hook lifts, and this theory is all conjecture.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27953 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Disco, it not me had RDO was in Lorne ;D,as for hook lifts and Bail hook hoist bins come off easy if you no pay attention with the hook you still got to make sure the rear locks engage,and with the old Bail hook i know the feeling of seeing an 11 mtr bin roll of in a roundabout!Heres my unit i drive today,found a J3 to keep it company in Nth Melb,just down the road from ,,you guessed it Bedford st ;D ;D
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/bedfordinnorthmelb002.jpg?t=1273753405http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/bedfordinnorthmelb003.jpg?t=1273753463

&&Grasp

More
13 years 11 months ago #27954 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Paul,
Just out of interest why does the front loader body tip up like that? Might seem a funny question but over here they don't.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27955 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Maybe yours just push it out with the ram, Cribby can tell us.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27956 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
@ paul404: You sir are a legend!!! :D. The bodies on the ACCO E and the F7 :o.. I don't know what to say :o.. I've never seen that design before!. This is unreal!, the bodies don't resemble any other manufacturer (eg MacDonald Johnston, Superior Pak, Tusk etc), so that leaves me with one theory: Those bodies were created by Cleanaway themselves! :o :o :o :o :o. That would be great if you could scan & send em to me, cheers :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #27957 by Stevo
@grandad: That's the way they used to make them. It's known as 'Tip-to-dump'. The packer blade remains where it is, the tailgate is opened and the body is raised. Nowadays, all front lift bodies simply remain on the chassis of the truck and the 'Ejector/Packer' blade extends right to the end of the body to push the whole load of waste out.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27958 by Stevo
@ cribotow: You got one nice truck!. I didn't know that Sita had some ACCO's fitted with Garwood bodies in their fleet. The body itself looks good in green:P.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27959 by Stevo
@Coupeute: That little jap rear loader seems like an alright truck for the small commercial runs. The body to the left of it, i believe it's a MacDonald Johnston Engineering side loader body. The body to the right looks like a MacDonald Johnston side loader too, but it's in the 'SMS Municipal Services Pty Ltd' colors. I quiet like the ACCO medium ridge, great as a first truck:D

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds