Skip to main content

Aussie Refuse Trucks

More
10 years 10 months ago #28020 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks

...welcome back Stevo .. long time no hear from :) :) :)...

...Heil go back a long way as an American firm who have supplied all kinds of vessels and bodies to a broad range of industries....they made semi tanker trailers for the military in WW2 that were pulled by Beiderman, Reo and Federal prime movers, in amongst a stack of other general materiel for the war effort and civilian usage beyond....

...they remind me of the Swedish firm Kockums, who manufacture a lot of the bulk handling tankers we see on our roads in Australia....the weird twist is ...Kockums also produced pressure vessels that became the German U boats in WW2 as well :o :o :o (MAN supplied a lot of the engines) ::) ::)

Yeah mate, i'm back :D. I've been really busy with moving out to a new area recently, as well as focusing heavily on my new job in the waste industry.

Their a very interesting company Heil, they were established in the year of 1901. I was only aware of Heil building truck-mounted garbage compactor bodies. I'd imagine they would of built some very high quality machinery for the military in WW2.

www.heil.com/

I've heard of Kockums before, they acquired a company named 'Tusk' (who built garbage compactor bodies) many years ago. I heard that they moved the Tusk company operations from Queensland all the way down to Campbellfield, then went on to abolish Tusk altogether. It's shame, because Tusk built good quality garbage truck bodies, mostly front & side loader compactors.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #28021 by Stevo

U jokers wanna refuse to talk garbage.....................jist clik here LOL

I remember reading that article a while actually, the body builder featured in that photo was named 'Evans' or something?. Interesting stuff :D

More
10 years 10 months ago #28022 by Stevo

HEY JIMBO 51
I am pretty certain that Heidelberg City Council had a KW slimline with a cripple 5 in it coupled to an Allison. This would have been early 70's, you may have a record of it.

Ah yea, interesting. I've got 2x photos of some City of Heidelberg trucks, one of them is a photo of an 1990-1991 International Acco 2250D fitted with a MacDonald Johnston MK1 compactor. In that picture, there is some bloke called Rooster (or Roosta, can't remember) leaning against the truck with his shiny blue Ford next to it.

More
10 years 9 months ago #28023 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
Bathurst has a Kenworth as well, L700 (I think) has Cummins and retrofitted with 18 speed.

[IMG

I think it is ex Wagga Wagga

Paul

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #28024 by GearJamma
Replied by GearJamma on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
[IMG

This is my 2350G Acco
You can also view this truck on youtube, search Glen Eira garbage truck, it's the one with alloy wheels and a 5 inch chrome stack

;D
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by GearJamma.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #28025 by GearJamma
Replied by GearJamma on topic Re: Aussie Refuse Trucks
[IMG

Here's one i drove in the late 70's
VT190 auto of course

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds