Skip to main content

Mercedes Trucks and pics

More
13 years 8 months ago #29953 by cemeNTepede
Bugly,Go back to page 3 of this thread for a pic of NZL's Benz A-Train.
They do still exist as far as I know.

R/ ;)

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #29954 by Sandy
OK I had better add a bit to this thread as well then, this was my last truck I owned , before retiring,
Started carting plastic bottle for Coke from ACI, then Coke decided to make their own, then onto West Farmers for a spell pulling real trailers

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #29955 by VicHung
Bugly, New Zealand Lumber, now known as NZL, certainly still exists.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by VicHung.

More
13 years 8 months ago #29956 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
Thanks cemeNTepede - pretty sure Dad's was a rigid truck and trailer, both three axle. The Lumber Company bout two Benz's at the same time, the page 3 one must have been the other one. I remember that Dad originally drove a Commer of some description (1950s something model) and he used to park it at night on the road verge outside the house. One morning it refused to start, and the brand new Mercedes Benz Cargo King arrived to tow it away. Dad came home that night in the Merc, with a smile about three feet wide, as he had been given the new truck to drive.

And VicHung, yep I googled and found it after I posted the last post. Looks like one of NZs bigger transport companies now! Wonder if the old man bought shares in it?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
13 years 8 months ago #29957 by 70499
Replied by 70499 on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
Spotted on the West Coast

&&1959 Mercedes L319

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #29958 by hoarder1
This 1626 single drive was used on livestock work around the Darling Downs by Dad's business - Hart's Transport. The 1418 prime mover in the background was also used, along with a B Model Mack and an ex-Overell Transport Flintstone R Model amongst others.

Photo would have been taken about 1980.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by hoarder1.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29959 by scrubchomper
I was doing some research on my 1418 when I came across these pictures. I really like the old and new topgether.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29960 by kenny-mopar
for reliability the old 1418s are definatly a icon ..i dont think any wreckers made money from selling mercedes hubs ..their hubs were that tuff they never wear out . . .unlike leylands of the era

More
13 years 3 months ago #29961 by scrubchomper
I think Humehwy or prodrive might be able to help me with this one. I've just had a huge argument with a friend of my father

More
13 years 3 months ago #29962 by Humehwy
1418 Mercedes trucks came standard with a bumper bar, the exhaust stacks, turntable,and bull bar were usually fitted to the vehicle before delivery. Most of the bull bars were made at an engineering place near the dealer.
All are hand made.You could also have a roadranger fitted by the dealer prior delivery

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds