Skip to main content

Mack Engines

13 years 3 weeks ago #35248 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mack Engines
You're definitely short of fuel. The turbo boost sounds O.K. What is the engine model?
The EGT on the Maxidyne should be at least 600

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35249 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: Mack Engines
Thanks Swishy & onetrack yep Aero quip plumbing all the way I got to bone up on residual pressure held back at the bleed off return line & do a flow check next time the side is opened up .
Will capture some images & post them next week thanks Onetrack exhaust temps was met with a blank stare when I asked as none of the thermos were working so I silver soldered them up & the gagues sprang inta life again just got to read them off against my lazer pointer .
They are slow to resopnd so I will replace the wire with some new thermo cable as soom as I get to JayKar.
These pumps are before puff restrictions & fling a bit of soot out for a few seconds till the turbo spools up a tad around 10 PSI its all just a dark haze from there on .
Swishy the diesel in the tank is that green crap we have to live with now dont know if its eating the lines from the inside I will do the flow test first then look deeper on tuesday next week as us pensioners dont have any spare time got machines to drive engines to build & motorcycles to wear out before I go thats 2 days out of the week just for rideing & telling lies .
Thanks for your time TC ;D

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35250 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Mack Engines
hey while you Mack gurus have the thinking cap on- should the Dynatard work? Mine's hopeless. kind of like a jacobs on about two cylinders... It all appears to be working, when I flick the switch, but it has no grunt whatsoever... You can feel it, sounds like it's hitting on all 6, but in top gear, it virtually does nothing to slow the old girl down...
ideas? Or is it the way it is?
cheers
Richard

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35251 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Mack Engines
Prodrive, I had the same trouble in a new Trident, B dubs were passing me with a single down the gap, the problem was a blocked internal oil line, Mack fitted an external one and "Go man" 8-)

Trust me

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35252 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Mack Engines

ProDrivr
Gudday M8

Mack 6 cylinder motors have 2 rocker covers
with a wire go n thru the top of each roker cover to activate the engine brake
tiz possable one of dem wires is not makin contact
One way to test the brake
when its @ normal operating temp floor the beast across the yard in 1st then on engine brake it should almost brake traction on loose gravel n put u thru the window
ruffly they have the same amount of retardation as go n power +- 10% it all depends wot cog U B in
the lower the cog the more retardation HP @ max revs

ButEyeDoSt@2BCorrected!

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35253 by Humehwy
Replied by Humehwy on topic Re: Mack Engines
The colour of the dog on the bonnet should be the same as the colour of the engine maxidine for torque engine thermodine for get up and boogie engine

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #35254 by TC
OK got pictures of Flintstone to stick on here how do I go about it please???. clickrd on most of the top left boxes but gives me no menu to go to to attach the snaps HELP please TC.
I clicked on insert image & all it dose is put img on the page right clicked everything I could see to no avail.
Dumb or what.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by TC.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #35255 by
TC,

CLICK HERE...... for the instructions

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35256 by
Here are TC's pics

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #35257 by TC
Many thanks Stuart thats my next job doing a fuel flow check on that beast at the moment my hands are dirty on other tasks & i dont like leaving dirty dabs on the owners flash paint as you can see the Flintstone is not in its working clothes .
thanks again mate you done real good . TC ;D

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds