Skip to main content

Can we have a Discussion About the forum .

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153402 by

Create a third level of Forum presence.
Namely, that of "Subscriber".
"What would be the benefit of that to anyone?" I hear you ask.
Well, a Subscription Member, for say $25 per annum (a number mentioned previously), would be able to add "HCVC Subscription Member" to their signature line (as some "HCVC Members" currently do), which would indicate a degree of financial support to the Forum and give the contributor a little bit of extra weight and prestige to their post. A small carrot.

It would also get them a "free" subscription to the HCVC Newsletter (only) - another carrot.

As a 'geographically disavantaged' forum member, I would happily pay $25 pa.for the benefits suggested.

This could be paid by PayPal, and would be a good way for those of us elsewhere on this planet, to support HCVC.

A Good Idea ?

Cheers
RS :)
The topic has been locked.
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153403 by
It's great to throw around $ figures and what the club will give without the club even having a say in it.

Why would a club give someone on the forum exactly the same as a full club member for under half the cost.

My dad and I are full members and pay $60 a year for the privilege Dad gets his monthly magazine and year book for that cost I get a bit more as I have the truck registered thru the club.

So by all means a fee might help the costs but as Rick said no one has suggested that it is a money situation why the upgrade has not happened.

Trevor
9 years 3 months ago #153404 by
Bruce

Earlier you said the upgrade to the new server gave the site 4 times as much space as before just wondering why we are still getting the same messages also today the forum was very slow and wouldn't open at all for about 10 minutes and it wasn't the internet as I was able to open everything else I know others had the same problem.

Trevor
9 years 3 months ago #153405 by

Why would a club give someone on the forum exactly the same as a full club member for under half the cost.

As a recognition and contribution to the forum.
Club meets and trips work out a bit expensive from outside Oz.
I have been to 2 club show days and 2 club meetings, I have bought yearbooks, when in Oz. I would be paying to help funds, and receive the mag by email only.
(The suggestion did not include yearbook)

If not possible ? , ok...
I just thought it was a good idea. :-)

Cheers
More
9 years 3 months ago #153406 by ianoz
Roland , I don't think Any of us have put up an Idea that doesn't have merit to it .
Chocs yep ,know where your coming from, looked at the Biloela rally Thread I put up .about 1000 views ,Put up 40 photos .Got 3 thank you's .
The Raglan Rally .70 Photos 3500 Views , 11 comments .
Thing is even if 25% left comments ,that is a lot of extra pretty useless stuff weighting down the server and Cluttering the forum .
But i think 4500 views less than 15 comments , Didn't the Majority like what was posted . Am i wasting my time posting these photos if no one likes them .
More
9 years 3 months ago #153407 by Mairjimmy
ianoz,,,,Very hot topic this one of yours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just going through a few old post and came up with a occasion on here where a 7 year member of here with 1.1 post a day, posted a event thread and got 1010 views and got no replies, that was his last post since then and last on line 14 days after he posted, that's 6 months ago and he a administrator, ianoz your right, NOT good enough, I like to post photos of events and clearing sale and other things and do get a few replies which is pleasing and sometimes nothing and I think that went over like a wet blanket :-? :-?,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Was checking out another members name on here a saw his last post was a question on one of my post and I remember at the time I couldn't think of the answer and didn't answer, NOT good enough COLIN, he been back since looking :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153408 by
Colin and Ian

Very interesting reading.

Maybe its time to turn off the search engines and make the forum no log in no see.
That way everyone could see who's looking.

Edit: just had a look 32 guests and 11 search engines. 3 members logged in.

Trevor
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153409 by
I just had a look at the members records...

3971 members
2640 have made 1 post or more....
1331 never made a post at all.
Thats over 1/3rd of members have Never posted.

It surprised me.

Cheers
More
9 years 3 months ago #153410 by Mrsmackpaul
is it possible to send every member out a PM and ask why they do or dont post and just see who replies I dont no whether the moderators or someone else can send a blanket PM to all people
Whether we like it or not the figures dont lie
One observation that seems to work everywhere in life is that if there is a problem there is no good trying to fix it if you dont find out what the problem is first you can quite often make things worse
or perhaps there is no problem at all ?
just had a quick count ran out of fingers and toes but counted 28 different people have replied to this thread so that should tell you all something
only 28 people out of 3971 care enough about this thread topic to reply ?
Im just looking at some figures dont shoot me as they say figures dont lie
seeya

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
More
9 years 3 months ago #153411 by Roderick Smith
Again, looking across all of the hobbies and forums, nearly all have dropped significantly in posting volume over the last 2 years. I suspect information overload, and people have run out of time. All groups have lots of lurkers: they aren't in a position to post; they are there to learn. Facebook picked a winning technique with its 'like' button. Posters get the satisfaction of knowing that their post has been appreciated, without the thread being clogged with 'Thanks for posting that' messages. One other php has a 'Thanks' button too.
Facebook is useless for archiving and searching, and gets clogged with junk, even in closed groups with moderators.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds