Skip to main content

Can we have a Discussion About the forum .

More
9 years 3 months ago #153362 by Mrsmackpaul
HMMMMM does anybody really wonder why people have left the forum ? It went from being nice and polite discussion to the gutter in about that quick

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The topic has been locked.
  • Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 3 months ago #153363 by Swishy
Ok Fellows

Leave it there

Agree to disagree

Spose the 4m means different things to different people

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153364 by
I think it is amusing that nothing mentioned so far in all of this we haven't considered over the years this forum has been running. But for various technical or practical reason have been unable to implement.

Further I also think it mildly amusing how many appear to think setting up and running a forum like this is easy. Especially trying to keep everyone happy but also keep control. If only you knew! :-/

As always please keep things constructive and play nice!
More
9 years 3 months ago #153365 by ianoz
Well ,to start with let me first say I am not a member of the HCVC ,,I guess the main reason being being Victorian based , it is a long way away from me .
Rays reply sirprised me , that there is only 600 Club members . So for the club to have clubrooms ,and run the show each year and run the forum , It is a very good effort , with a limited bank account .
That said ,the little club i am a member of has a bit over 20 members , every thing is a struggle .

OK ,By Jarrods reply above ,Those running the forum are frustrated With the problems to .I guess they put their case forward to the club for their needs for the forum .
Now Judging by this post in events . www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1421404700
The Club meeting is tomorrow night. Anyone wanting to show support for a better deal for the forum should attend.But that goes to allthe club business .Show some interest .
All to often it is left to a couple of people to do what they think is best for the club. Help them Guide the club to bigger and better things .
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153366 by Bobsboy

. . . also think it mildly amusing how many appear to think setting up and running a forum like this is easy. . .

As always please keep things constructive and play nice!

And, speaking as a non HCVC Member,

Remember that if it does become all to hard, it only takes one motion to pass at an HCVC meeting for this to become a paid up Members Only Forum.

We are "Guests" here with writing Privileges.
Mind your manners, "be constructive and play nice".
Leave your negativity, spite, animosity and ego at the gate,
or we might all end up with nothing.

How's that for a contribution to the on-line Forum?

Cheers,

-Brian

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Bobsboy.
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153367 by Chocs
Brian,
That is actually a bloody good contribution to the on-line Forum.
Thank you

An active delete key by someone a bit further up the page would also be another good contribution surely?

chocs
More
9 years 3 months ago #153368 by Mairjimmy
Surely would chocs ,
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
More
9 years 3 months ago #153369 by Intermodel63
It's good to see that most discussion on this thread has been civil. I am a member of several forums & this one beats the rest hands down, congratulations to all that have made this so. For me it is a one stop shop that has endeavoured to accommodate everyone's interests.
I'm also sure a PM to someone if not happy with a comment is more constructive that a public sniping match.
Remember we are on this planet for a short time and we are only custodians of our toys. Lastly knowledge is only knowledge if it is not shared.

Now I have a question:
Can I continue to post Dad's photos and update my compressor thread on the forum.

Again I thank everyone for the opportunity to share my interests & projects, hopefully I can help someone along the way with theirs.

Graham
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153370 by
...the word "crap" was imposed upon us....I burred up....apologies to all :) :)
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153371 by hayseed

It's good to see that most discussion on this thread has been civil. I am a member of several forums & this one beats the rest hands down, congratulations to all that have made this so. For me it is a one stop shop that has endeavoured to accommodate everyone's interests.
I'm also sure a PM to someone if not happy with a comment is more constructive that a public sniping match.
Remember we are on this planet for a short time and we are only custodians of our toys. Lastly knowledge is only knowledge if it is not shared.

Now I have a question:
Can I continue to post Dad's photos and update my compressor thread on the forum.
As far as I'm concerned, as long as It's in the appropiate section YES
Again I thank everyone for the opportunity to share my interests & projects, hopefully I can help someone along the way with theirs.

Graham

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by hayseed.
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds