Skip to main content

Can we have a Discussion About the forum .

9 years 3 months ago #153342 by
I would like to say I have been on this forum since very early in 2007 so to answer Q #7 Ianoz why I havn't posted any pic"s myself well most of the shows I go too the main takers are there .

And the pics I take are not of the high end likes of KW"s , Macks etc, but the rusty objects like gates ,mail boxes, or dead trees etc etc so thats why there is no pics from me.

Another one that caught my eye was Q #10 was when Trevor {slospeed} said in his letter he was leaving the forum as he wasn't happy and he did..... but now he is back nothing changed while he was gone.

I t makes me wonder why people they leave and then come back maybe they will tell us why ???.

And the last thing is I would like to know who voted for "Personal Announcements" as a HCVCA member I DIDN'T. Dave
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153343 by bparo
Wow, when I finished that post last night I thought it was too long and nobody would read it but was tired and went to bed. I am thankful that people took the time to read it and comment.

Deadly. Sometimes things become obvious and make common sense. As an Administrator it was common to have to merge death notices from several different areas into one. The idea of keeping them together then came up in one of Roderick's threads so I suggested a special area for them so people knew where to find them. As the only people that spoke about it were in favor I created it and moved all the appropriate threads to it. If we can't acknowledge club members or industry figures on their passing then I feel sorry for the club. This answer has been given in the thread where the suggestion was made and in response to a question from the same person at an hcvca meeting.

Can everyone please keep focused on the issues and not the people or personalities involved.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bparo.
9 years 3 months ago #153344 by
Dave you hit the nail on the head nothing has changed.

So why did I come back it was because of the blokes who asked me to at
events or via private contact however since being back I have slowly watched
more good people move away from the forum. Many people have tried several
different ways to get things changed to no avail and you never know one day
I might go find that green grass and concentrate in the shed.

Trevor
More
9 years 3 months ago #153345 by ianoz
You know Dave , ,when i go to rallies ,I generally take photos of most things there , I am not really into Bedfords or Stationary engines , I am not particularly into Kenworths But take photos of them i do ..And then I post them on the forum . Takes me a long time to do this .My internet is not real fast . Do it so all forum members with varied interests can enjoy the photos .
Dave i just find it a great shame that with the number of events and road runs you attend , we as the forum don't get to see your unquie view of the event .
9 years 3 months ago #153346 by
Ian & Chocs ,others I dont go to displays to take pics but anyone who knows me will no I love the drive or road run getting there as that is best of it .

And show is where meet mates & friends and mostly sit around talking . :) Dave
More
9 years 3 months ago #153347 by Tacho
There's lots of points of view about this forum, what is good and right and what is bad and wrong. In the end ,is it any different to any other club or organisation you belong to?

There will always be the shy or brash, the doers and the knockers and all shades in between. Thanks Ianoz for having the courage to bring up the subject for discussion and let the views be aired.

For me the forum is a part of my daily routine and I'm pretty happy with the way it is. The things I don't like cannot be changed, but I do wish that some would show more appreciation to those that put in the effort to contribute to this forum.

Geoff
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153348 by Mairjimmy
Right you are Tacho, more than daily, all night for some,, just looking at time of the posting last night, greenie after midnight,, Ianoz 3.30am,, chocs from 4.30 am ,,atkipete early AM.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mairjimmy.
More
9 years 3 months ago #153349 by ianoz

There's lots of points of view about this forum, what is good and right and what is bad and wrong. In the end ,is it any different to any other club or organisation you belong to?

There will always be the shy or brash, the doers and the knockers and all shades in between. Thanks Ianoz for having the courage to bring up the subject for discussion and let the views be aired.

For me the forum is a part of my daily routine and I'm pretty happy with the way it is. The things I don't like cannot be changed, but I do wish that some would show more appreciation to those that put in the effort to contribute to this forum.

Geoff

Trouble is Geoff , The "Courage to standup " Has seen me Banned from 3 forums . I am very Glad our moderators here do see this as a constructive Thread .
9 years 3 months ago #153350 by
ianoz couldn't agree more or the other thing you get called is a sh!t stirrer and always causing trouble.

Just wish some could recognise people are passionate about the old truck movement and only want to see it grow and get stronger.

Trevor
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #153351 by
Ianoz pictures from Geelong have now been posted thank you for starting this topic.

After all that has been written here I hope that the club has a real good look at what it is going to do regarding the software upgrade or replacement.

I hope that the admin/mods also read carefully what people have written and make some changes to make things better.

I hope the club gives the administrators of the forum a lot clearer view on what they want the forum to do.

I hope people who just sit back and look come out and start to participate and make the forum a much better place because I think if they don't we will loose a lot more people.

Last but not least is people need to show a bit/lot more respect and show a lot more manners than what has become the norm lately.

We can only try and sometimes you can only bang your head against a brick wall for so long before you give up.

Trevor
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds