Skip to main content

Moving of display vehicles whilst public close by

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #99931 by Beaver
That's the problem Swish, it aint any more.

My favourite example: a few years ago some teenager gets on a train in Sydney. He decides he would like to "decorate" the outside of the carriage with some of his fancy aerosol "

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Beaver.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #99932 by Coupeute
Leaving all the other stuff aside, it is annoying. A car/truck show starts at say 8am. The public are coming in, for a fee, only to see entrants buggering off at 11am etc. If you are committed attend, then commit to the whole day.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
11 years 5 months ago #99933 by Chocs
Without starting a whole new set of dramas....

If an emergency arises where someone has to leave immediately, they should be accomodated at a moments notice.

Very few people would create an emergency or a sickness just to leave an event.
If you are unwell, you are just that.
You are unwell and you need to go now, to a place where you can be comfortable and taken care of..

If people are not able to stay for the whole show, they too should make that known from the onset.
Ask or advise the organisers of your intended plans.
If for whatever the reason, it is totally impractical for the organisers to enable you to be 'released' early, you may be unable to attend that particular event.

Can there be an area, perhaps closer to an exit, set aside for those that have BOOKED an early departure.

Yes i understand its a nightmare all round for all concerned, but if there is no compromise, people may just stay home and everyone loses.

Many people attend shows on their way to 'somewhere'..
i have done it myself, i have seen it many times.
Others cannot make it by the set start time..

Another situation, Mechanical trouble on the way to an event.
Perhaps they are within 20 minutes of their destination,
and blow a radiator hose..
Of course making them miss the admittance deadline..
I know i would be more than annoyed being 'turned away' after driving 14 hours.

Surely we don't want these people to stay away altogether..
It is those contributors that people come to see..

Bit of homework required i think......and the sooner the better..

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #99934 by Beaver

Without starting a whole new set of dramas....

If an emergency arises where someone has to leave immediately, they should be accomodated at a moments notice.

Very few people would create an emergency or a sickness just to leave an event.
If you are unwell, you are just that.
You are unwell and you need to go now, to a place where you can be comfortable and taken care of..

Another situation, Mechanical trouble on the way to an event.
Perhaps they are within 20 minutes of their destination,
and blow a radiator hose..
Of course making them miss the admittance deadline..
I know i would be more than annoyed being 'turned away' after driving 14 hours.

For point 1, should any one who is in that state of health be driving a vehicle, esp in our case a truck ?? If the person does have to leave, arrangements could be made for the safekeeping of the vehicle.

For point 2, this is why most shows allow, or even encourage, participants to arrive the day before.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
11 years 5 months ago #99935 by busntruck
My experiance with insurance companies has been to take the advice/tips off your the insurance broker.
My broker suggested to put safety systems in place as regards to vehicle movements to avoid mega dollar premiums.

I agree with Beaver there is no common sence any more, things appear to be more relaxed at the QLD and Vic shows but NSW is not the easy going place it used to be.

Coupeute, I agree it's poor when exhibitors are leaving at 11am and the public have paid $$$ to see an event.
Dubbo this year (on the Sunday) was a prize example of this.

My biggest worry is it will only take one issue with the public (& a insurance claim) to make it all much harder for us to have and enjoy our shows.

Probably requires a bit of "give and take" from both show organisers and exhibitors to make it all work.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
11 years 5 months ago #99936 by Chocs
Please understand that i am on side, not stirring the pot.
I too would like to see a workable solution to what is becoming a rediculous situation..

Maybe a bit more 'for instance' required here..

So if my Uncle and myself go to a Truck Show together,
in his truck.. 12 hours from home...
I get crook, not sufficiently crook enough to require medical attention..
But crook enough to need to go home..
We have to stay there till stumps? I hope not...

In an 'emergency situation', i could have a family member in trouble, that i need to leave the show for..

In either instance, there is no necessity to leave our vehicle at the event.
Causing the need to find a vehicle, to return home in, and again to return to the show in.
Depending on the situation, several days could elapse between leaving the event and return for collection of the vehicle.
So who will be responsible for that vehicle, whilst in 'your' care?

So in either situation, the drivers are as fit as they were getting there, no need to leave a vehicle anywhere.

If you need to leave, you need to leave..

I understand, if a vehicle is inside a building of sorts and there are 700 vehicles that need to be moved to allow exit...
That is going to prove a little difficult..
But at a country show, where there are 30 vehicles present and enough space to drive a roadtrain..?

The way its all going we will have to have all these rockets on line for a show...

Its unfortunate that these situations arise and they are becoming increasingly difficult to deal with since 'commonsense' is no longer common..

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #99937 by Young Fella
R.I.P. Commonsence :'(

More
11 years 5 months ago #99938 by busntruck
lol

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
11 years 5 months ago #99939 by newto
AMEN Chocs,
if you gotta go.....ya gotta go.......as was done at Dubbo when moving vehicles to and from the parade....you have a human marshall walking in front of the vehicle ushering the not coherent/watching spectators out of the way.the trucks were moved at walking pace......a bit like stephensons rocket way back before insurance companies.....if you're going to lock exhibitors into a rigid time frame,and it doesnt suit their agenda, then they wont come!!!
just my 2 bobs worth,
newto

11 years 5 months ago #99940 by
I think it would be a brave man to stand between a mans truck and the out gate if he really needed to leave.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds