Skip to main content

Starting point of topics

More
4 years 9 months ago #202150 by wee-allis
Thanks for that Terry. I'll try to get it right next time. Actually SWIMBO does these for me as I'm the original dinosaur when it comes to computers.
Steve.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #202171 by Morris
Gryphon,
1. As several people do not hit "insert," is it feasible for you to eliminate the need for it?

2. I like the way "Scallywag wize words" is set up, with latest page first and previous six pages available. It would be great if it was all like that. What do other people think?

To sum up the average user's knowledge of computers, years ago at work, when some outside expert asked me what computer have you got? I replied "I don't know, it is a big grey box under my desk. Our IT department know all the details"

Thank goodness you know what makes them tick!

I might have been able to cope with Charles Babbidge's mechanical "Difference Engine" when he made it in 1665 but all this electrickery and programmer languages leave me in complete darkness.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 9 months ago #202198 by cobbadog
Hopefully Gryphon isn't taking all this personally and I must say he is doing a wonderful job and thank you.
The way the Forum displays and operates makes it easier for us ol' buggas if it is all the same way. The new idea of having to "insert" your images is a step that if could be bypassed would make it a bit quicker and easier to use.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 9 months ago #202200 by Gryphon
Hi,

the inserting of images isn't anything new, just the position of the link to Insert isn't next to the Add File link anymore.

The requirement of the Insert link is so that you write the text of your post and place the cursor where you want to place the photo and then click on the link and it will create the require code to display the image where you want it.

If you are just posting photos it would seem like it is not needed, but if you are putting some words around your photos(which is better) then it is a practical way to do it.

The scallywags thread is no different to any of the others as far as I know, the individual sets the order of the posts in their Profile/Preference. I will have a look to make sure something else isn't in play, but as far as I know individual posts can't decide what order to be displayed.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, cobbadog, Morris

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202304 by Sarge
Terry, it might be me or my tablet, but on some topics I loose the index etc, headings. I have to use the back button to escape. No rhyme nor reason. Today's topic was / is the 2019 HCVC truck show. Dont remember which one yesterday.
FYI, Only, it's not a life stopping isues.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Sarge.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202307 by Blackduck59
Gryphon,
Thanks for the great effort.
For info, was going through the Engineer thread then logged in to comment.
Went from pages numbered 1 (1st) to 3 (last) and last thread at the bottom of the page.
Log in and the last comment was at the top of page 1 with the rest going back to page 3 in order.
Not a problem but a little strange.
On a couple of Ford sites the run oddly as well.
Cheers Steve, and thanks again for you efforts

More
4 years 8 months ago #202309 by Gryphon

Sarge :-X wrote: Terry, it might be me or my tablet, but on some topics I loose the index etc, headings. I have to use the back button to escape. No rhyme nor reason. Today's topic was / is the 2019 HCVC truck show. Dont remember which one yesterday.
FYI, Only, it's not a life stopping isues.

Sarge,

most likely it will be on pages related to events that the menu goes walkabout. Same issue was mentioned earlier and i will take a look when I get back in a few days.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202310 by Gryphon

Blackduck59 wrote: Gryphon,
Thanks for the great effort.
For info, was going through the Engineer thread then logged in to comment.
Went from pages numbered 1 (1st) to 3 (last) and last thread at the bottom of the page.
Log in and the last comment was at the top of page 1 with the rest going back to page 3 in order.
Not a problem but a little strange.
On a couple of Ford sites the run oddly as well.
Cheers Steve, and thanks again for you efforts

Duck,

when you are not logged in the system doesn't know who you are so you get the posts in the default order, First to Last, however when you do login it looks at your Preferences in your profile which is set to Last to First.

Click on the Preferences link up near Private messages and change the settings if you like to use the default.

Terry
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackduck59

More
4 years 8 months ago #202354 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Glitches

In the above screen shot, you can't go back a page as you can't see or click on the laat pages by number.
There's a drop down box in the way. Is there any way around this problem ?
Thanks for all your hard word behind thw scenes. Muchly appreciated.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #202366 by Gryphon
dno,

I can recreate the problem on my phone so I will have a play and see what I can do to correct it somehow.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds