Skip to main content

Starting point of topics

More
4 years 8 months ago #202367 by asw120
I turn my phone sideways. That fixes it.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202370 by dno
Replied by dno on topic HCVCA Forum Update Coming Soon

Gryphon wrote: dno,

I can recreate the problem on my phone so I will have a play and see what I can do to correct it somehow.

Terry

I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with the page size, as ASW120 mentions turning his phone sideways overcomes the problem.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
4 years 8 months ago #202773 by Morris
Terry,
When I look at "Forum latest" on the righthand side of the screen, go to the bottom and click on "More Topics," nothing happens.
Why is it so?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 8 months ago #202775 by Gryphon
Hi,

More Topics will take you to the Recent Topics page so my guess is that you are already on the Recent Topics page when you click More Topics and thus the page is reloaded but you aren't noticing it.

Terry

More
4 years 7 months ago #202787 by Morris
Thanks,
It does reload with the same stuff.
I thought "More Topics" meant another page of topics. Just shows I know nothing about computers!
It can be quite difficult finding topics last replied to , earlier than those shown in "Forum Latest."
"Recent Topics" des not seen to help, either.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202813 by cobbadog
Hi Terry,
Latest issue that happened today is that there are no little green numbers indicating that replies have been made. Is it me or something else?
I tried logging out and back in again but no change.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cobbadog.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202817 by Gryphon
Hi,

it is working fine for me. I have three subjects over in the Forum Latest box telling em I have a few posts to read in each of them.

Where are you not seeing them? Forum Latest, Recent Topics or or the Index for individual boards/Categories.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 7 months ago #202827 by cobbadog
When using mydesktop this afternoon and when on the homepage there were none. Now on my tablet they are there so will check it out tomorrow when I.m back in the office.
Sounds as if the issue maybe at this end as we are having fun with internet speeds etc of late.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202835 by asw120
Cobba, I find sometimes a simple reload will fix this. (or I have been signed out)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 7 months ago #203007 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Starting point of topics
Just a quick query, anyone else have a minor problem when they first go on the HCVC site and after logging on, go to the highlighted unread posts, click on and then often get sent back to the opening post (#1)??
Doesn't happen all the time, but have noticed it on both the laptop and the mobile phone app.
I had jumped on, testing the new site early in the piece, and the transition went pretty seamlessly.
I adjusted my preferences so that I receive the latest posts at the top of the page.
Have noticed several times however, that if I want to see what replies have been put up in "Question Time", sometimes it will be the latest offering, other times it will go back to #1, around mid 2017.
It's no real biggie, simply click on to the highest numbered box brings it up OK.

Most of the others are unaffected on my devices, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it, or just mine?

Whilst we're at it, maybe we could start up another topic titled "DUMBASS QUESTIONS"?
Specifically for all those irrelevant, unrelated, misleading posers that get thrown into the works every now and then.
You know what I mean, someone seeks an answer for some highly technical problem they have encountered and by the time it's done a few laps, it's drifted off into a totally unrelated area of pop culture or something similar.
Does make good reading. though. Often get a bit of a giggle out of it!

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds