Skip to main content

McDonald Imperial Super-Diesel

More
3 years 8 months ago #213496 by Morris
Cobbadog,
It will be much easier to make the carport posts bow-legged than to narrow the caravan. Otherwise let Cobbarette back it in.:woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213521 by Mrsmackpaul

Morris wrote: Cobbadog,
It will be much easier to make the carport posts bow-legged than to narrow the caravan. Otherwise let Cobbarette back it in.:woohoo:

Yah funny bugger

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 8 months ago #213545 by cobbadog
Yes, in the middle of the night, as usual, that same thought finally entered my small mind. At the moment there are 90mm square aluminium post. I thought of using some 50mm square thick walled and cut some 45' angles to step them out wider than the existing posts. Hopefully can get another 200-300mm width with ease.

as for the diving ability of Dee, she is a great drover and has had limited experience at reversing the box trailer a few times and did quite well.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 8 months ago #213563 by Zuffen
We all know reversing box trailers are a challenge compared to larger trailer.

One day I'll teach my sons to tow and reverse our 6x12 trailer.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213582 by JOHN.K.
Old guy next to me is pretty good with trailers and caravans ,and he over 90........Previous owner of the house parked a caravan right on top of the brick gatepost......Sold out and bought a house on acreage.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213656 by cobbadog
Today the head came home with the new valve guides in place and reamed, the new statinless steel valves have been ground to shape and size and nicley ground new seats. This is becomming annoying with all these items ready to go but I have no time at the moment to get to it. Work is madder than ever and with the latest caravan comming home and needing to be made suitable for us has robbed a lot of time away from play time.
I am definately NOT going to retire as I don't have enough time for play now as I often hear those who have retired they don't know how they ever went to work and had a hobby as well. Keep working dog!

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213657 by Blackduck59
Cobba,
I hear that, after 4 years I think I need a job to get a break/holiday. Do not know how I ever had time for a job.
Waiting for the vid of fire up of the beast.
Cheers Steve

More
3 years 8 months ago #213669 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic McDonald Imperial Super-Diesel
Stick with it cobba, just add the jobs onto your TO DO list, have a coffee and relax. I understand what you are living completely. :whistle: ;)

More
3 years 8 months ago #213690 by JOHN.K.
What I miss about working is the ready supply of steel in any needed size.......Not having the crane truck is a bit of a downer when I see some thing being given away but it would cost at least $300 to shift .....so I leave it . ........Free fuel and oil was OK ,but lately Ive used maybe one tank of diesel all year in the ute......amazing how much fuel you save when you dont go around looking at junk.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213705 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic McDonald Imperial Super-Diesel
I'd have to agree about ready access to steel - at least while working at Generous Motors! :huh:

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds