Skip to main content

My new C Line Inter

More
14 years 8 months ago #13401 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
on my dodge AT4 700 it had a compliance plate missing (i was curious as to what year it was) so i just went of the engine casting numbers ..worked out to be early 1971 ..
that inter is a nice truck i do remember it on Ebay a couple of months back . . but ive already to many projects :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13402 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
On My Diamond Reo,the only bit that I think is origonal and has a date on it is the front axle.The C line would be very lucky to still have it`s origonal motor or gearbox,however most trucks have got tags on the front axle,the diff,the gearbox,and the motor.Sometimes if you pull out the dash,the gauges and some electricals may have a date marked on them in ink,the gauge and light manufacturers do it so if someone brings back something that`s 10 years old,and tells them it`s off their new truck,they`ve got a bit of an idea for warrenty purposes.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13403 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
looks like a tidy old truck mate. :)

14 years 8 months ago #13404 by
Replied by on topic Re: My new C Line Inter

My C line back in the late 70's did a lot of work
one of the best sounding motors of them all
had a 610 RR and a big No5 2 speed diff out of a 190
We nicknamed it Puff the tragic wagon
Was realy a reliable truck done heaps of work with it
I think it went down to Wodonga when i traded it.....Mark

14 years 8 months ago #13405 by
Replied by on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
one more

More
14 years 8 months ago #13406 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
I tried the windscreen dating thing.... dont really remember the trick, but if I guessed right it is a 1968 same as my acco... but the symbol is not quite the same.....

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13407 by bigcam
Nice truck Mark.I remember the first time I saw L.O.D wanted,my mate and I said to each other,"what`s a L.O.D"?,anyway we foundout it meant Lorry Owner Driver.This one was still pretty origonal and was at a couple of our shows a few years ago,I don`t recall seeing it about for the last couple of shows.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13408 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
Hi Old Dog,
Great pix. I'm thinking about the RR option as 80kph flat chat is not comfortable driving.

Your Inter might be a little bit earlier than mine. I notice some slight difference on mine, like rectangular indicators and a plastic grill compared to your round indicators and chrome grill. Do you remember what year yours was manufactured?

Got anymore pix? ;)

Dennis

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13409 by bigcam
This one is owned by Jim Williamson,it`s got an overdrive gearbox in it and does 60 mph.We went up to Allora in January,and I was flat out keeping up with him in the Road Boss,in fact I got there about 5 minutes later,the last I saw of him on the highway,he was rounding up just about everything.Nothing out of school either,but Jim`s had a few more birthdays than me.Probobly sorting out the "young" blokes I spose.They definatly go all right.

This one is from Gladstone.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13410 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
I dont know the glass dating trick Sarge, maybe there is someone out there who does. Not sure that International ( Iveco) ) would have chassis number records back that far.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds