Skip to main content

My new C Line Inter

More
14 years 7 months ago #13431 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
Hi
I have 2 D series. I havent read the whole thread. Im new to this and by no means an expert, but to keep you moving forward -
The frame number is at the very front outside of the passenger side chassis rail - just behind where the front bumper bar is. There is also a number stamped quite visibly inside the engine bay on the firewall - im not to sure what that number means.
Some tell tale C or D series features. Later D series have the lift up door handles, while early D and C have the push button handle type.
Later D's have a different dash and instrument cluster - early D's and C's are the same.
Acco - i dont think these long nose D series came out with an 1820. Heres what the long noses were -
D-LINE 4X2 PETROL MODELS 1110 1210 1310 1510 1610 1710 1810 1910
4X4-MODELS 1310 1510 HD 4X4 1610
D-LINE 4X2 DIESEL MODELS 1210 1310 1510 1610
I think the C lines were the same models numbers.
C went to D in mid to late 1971 according to my documents here.
The front chrome isnt D line - D have a plastic grille.
It is possible that the plate was produced as required to fit a particular truck, or that the plate was taken off another truck and the numbers restamped.
I have an early D and a later D.
Give me a yell if you want me to compare anything else.
Glenn

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #13432 by wgipps
Sorry - should have added the photos.
Plain silver tag is early D
Black/silver tag is late D

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
14 years 6 months ago #13433 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
Glen, Dennis's truck compliance plate fits between yours, that is its black and silver but predates the Years of manufacture requirments that came out in 70 or 71 (trucks & cars & bikes all had different start dates)

The chassis number matches the compliance plate apart from the ACCO prefix, and is infact the same as my butterbox acco compliance plate, but my chassis is staped ACCO... same place as the C/D line.

I am a little suspicious of the riveting etc holding his plate in place, but that just might indicate a new door was fitted.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 6 months ago #13434 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
Sarge,it is actually illegal to remove a compliance plate for any reason,even if a cabin is changed.Most of us just swap the plate because it is less drama.The compliance plate on the new Isuzu`s is actually a sticker,similar to the Windows registration sticker on your computer.Some manufacturers used to use special rivets on compliance plates so that it was obvious if they`d been tampered with.

More
14 years 6 months ago #13435 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
So having a drawer full of new blank Inter plates is naughty Cam :D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 6 months ago #13436 by wgipps
No Basil - it would depend on what you intend doing with them that may be illegal. But it is things like that which can be used to explain the dilemma being discussed.

More
14 years 6 months ago #13437 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: My new C Line Inter
A bit of a tricky question isn`t it? There`s nothing wrong with manufacturers plates,but complience plates might be a different deal.It some times presents the question of how much chassis is left to make it a modification,or if you are trying to reuse an existing chassis number and compliance plate,which is looked upon as fraud.I don`t think any of us with old vehicles have much to worry about though.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds