Skip to main content

Commer with Jap 2 stroke

More
9 years 4 months ago #151630 by melonreo
CRO
the book I have has no oil filter numbers, and it looks like the same filter for UD 3, UD4 and UD5, I guess you need to find a oil filter guru who is willing to help look at a lot of elements, I have a UD4 in a diamond T P3320 that I have never run (yet) a UD4 and 2 UD5,s in the shed , maybe with a bit of luck one of them might have a number on them...
when you get her fitted back in make sure you get the biggest fattest widest radiator you can get yours hands onto, cut shove squeeze do what ever it takes to get the biggest thing possible in there as UD,s love to get hot and hot is not a good thing they love to crack heads and heads are impossible to find, even gaskets :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...looking at the pics shows you have the water manifold along the top of the head , this is good because it helps to circulate the water up out of the back of the motor...this will be great to see it going...what is the box fitted up to your UD5.......Pat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #151631 by melonreo
also check the oil level in the injector pump, it is on its own oil

More
9 years 4 months ago #151632 by 1939indiana
Cro,
I had a 5 cyl UD in my Reo tipper, used to call it a converter, converted good fuel into noise, never could match the gears, tried every twin stick move invented.
Cheap to run, don't be frighted by filters ect, get your friendly machine shop guy to make up some adaptors, then go back to standard fuel and oil filters.

More
9 years 4 months ago #151633 by indianman
G'day guys if you get on the Baldwin filters site you should be able to access the filter sizing chart to work out if they make something that will fit, if not stick up some measurements and I will see what I dig up

Jon

More
9 years 4 months ago #151634 by cro
Replied by cro on topic Re: Commer with Jap 2 stroke
Melon, Idea's on the type of oil for the injector pump? It shows oil just below the low level but I would like to change it rather than top it up.

Indianman, found an element out of the Fleetguard product guide that's close. LF3386 has a 44mm flange where I need a 65mm flange. The gasket will cover but just.

The element I need is 185mm long with a 10mm lip or flange on one end, this flange is 65mm diam. The element is 100mm diam. It has a 16mm hole on the other end for the bolt.

Cro

Ill think of something shortly

More
9 years 4 months ago #151635 by melonreo
cro , in the book its said to use engine oil

More
9 years 4 months ago #151636 by melonreo
pulled a oil filter off today ,just for you CRO it was a
RYCO R2306P

hope this helps

More
9 years 4 months ago #151637 by cro
Replied by cro on topic Re: Commer with Jap 2 stroke
Ill check it out thanks Mellon.
I owe you a frothy one, so next time your here or I'm there lets catch up. :) :) :)

Ill think of something shortly

More
9 years 4 months ago #151638 by indianman
Sorry for not getting back sooner Cro but I am having no luck with Baldwin however a R2306P crosses to a PT147 in the Australian Book but does not come up on the computer :-/ :-/ could prob check in with them in the new year if you have no luck with the ryco.

Jon

More
9 years 4 months ago #151639 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Re: Commer with Jap 2 stroke
Depending on you plans for the truck and the depth of your pockets, you might consider a remote filter arrangement to suit a common Fleetguard spin-on filter.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds