Fill's Bedford

More
5 years 11 months ago #193602 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Fill's Bedford

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193724 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Thanks Guys, with the painting.The painter is doing a bit at a time. ( and a great job ) witch is working out fine. It gives me a chance to put a lot of bits and pieces in the cabin like seats, seat belts, radio, hand brake, carpet, gear stick, steering column, peddles, wind screen,and other bits pieces with out opening the doors and bonnet all the time and not leaning over the guards to get to the engine bay. At first I thought this was going to be a problem, but at this stage, he is well in front of me. I picked up the guards the other day and have put them to bed, I am going to get a bit of the wiring started before I fit them. The doors are ready to be picked up and I will store them for awhile also. With the bonnet we are putting that on hold for awhile, that is going to be the last thing to go on. The painter is doing a great job and is easy to work with. Thanks Laurie the panel beater and painter
[img
image by fill quinn , on Flickr

[img
image (1) by fill quinn , on Flickr

More
5 years 11 months ago #193725 by Fill
All put to bed and nice and warm
[img
IMAG1353 by fill quinn , on Flickr

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 11 months ago #193727 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
L@@kn Good Fill

U sleep n in the shed or the dog house?

:lol: ;) :lol:

cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 11 months ago #193736 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Fill's Bedford
I want to know how Fill gets away with that?
If it were me, would have had my ass kicked into next week!
Then again, doing such a great job of it, maybe a blind eye turned?

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #193756 by Fill
Well guys I asked the wife tonight why she lets me in side with my truck bits and she said that she respects my passion. So there you go, now we both know. Today I made a tappered grease sleeve for the hand brake cable. I used three different sized rubber hoses and two hose clamps. Cost $ 18.00. I have seen one on Ebay it was about sixty pounds plus postage from the UK any way here the photos. Cheers Fill
[img
100_3312 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3314 by fill quinn , on Flickr
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Fill. Reason: spelling mistake

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #193761 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill, before you post photos of your painted panels, please forewarn us so we can put sunglasses on. My wife has warned me why men go blind, but she didn't mention your photos.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by overnite.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193841 by Fill
Hi This may be of interest, to someone. When you take of a bolt out of a welded nut or a nut off a bolt that was welded in (stud bolt) and want to clean up the threads, there are a few ways to do it: Wire brush (some times will not get into awkward places and will not do nuts); Tap and die set (they are fairly cheap to buy but you never have the one you want and it does not do the taps and dies much good in rust and dirt). I came up with a good idea. Well I was impressed, I came up with the idea a while ago and used it tonight to clean some stud bolts that I could not get to with a wire brush. I got a grade eight nut and bolt (strong one) put them together, put it in a vice and drilled a hole in between nut and bolt. Hey presto you have two thread cleaners! There were a couple of stud bolts that had body deadner on them and it cleaned them up quickly with no over heating. Hope this may have be of interest to someone. Thanks for looking. Cheers Fill
[img
100_3324 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3319 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Tacho

More
5 years 10 months ago #193845 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Fill's Bedford
Very good Fill. I knew about cutting a hacksaw cut along the thread of a bolt to act as a tap, but your idea kills two birds with the one stone. (Sorry if I offended any bird lovers)

More
5 years 10 months ago #194106 by Fill
Thanks Overnite. I fitted the glove box door in a bit over three hours (who would have thought!) I made a new glove box, a bit of mucking about but only took two hours. Some one might find it interesting. First I cut a template of the end and made sure it could come out when it becomes 3D. To bend the ply I put a wet cloth on it and ran an iron over it. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, no glasses , I can not see with glasses I can not see because of the steam. The picture with a few G clamps has a piece of flat steel to hold the ply straight until it has set. I have primed it , but it is going to be green. Thanks for looking. Cheers Fill
P.S. It fitted like a glove.
[img
100_3325 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3328 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3326 by fill quinn , on Flickr

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds