Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
5 years 9 months ago #194966 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi guys I have not been on for awhile, but been doing a bit. I made a spare wheel holder and of coarse you can not buy the pipe the right size. I had to buy a bigger pipe cut a slit out and weld it up, to make it smaller. With the rope rail it was straight, I have been looking at it for a while.The wheels were going to hit it. I have seen on trucks they cut it out were the wheel is and bend it up to the tray. I think it looks wrong. So this is what I did
[img
100_3344 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3345 by fill quinn , on Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 9 months ago #194969 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill
gudday m8
Gr8 pix
keep m cumm n
Betcha has a cupla sleepless nights .... toss n turn n
to decide the spare best on drivers side or passenger side
passenger side or drivers side
LOL
cya
§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 9 months ago #194976 by Fill
Thanks Swishy. If I only I could get a job thinking of stuff, LOL. This is its first run, I was glad it only goes slow, or else I would not see every one waving with one finger. I guess I will get used to it Cheers Fill
[img
IMAG1526 by fill quinn , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Morris, Lang

More
5 years 9 months ago #194987 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Fill's Bedford
Hello Fill,
Maybe the one finger was just to tell you the bonnet had fallen off. :whistle:
If it continues when bonnet fitted, keep in left lane when there is more than one, if only one lane, pull over as soon as possible to let them pass. Then feel sorry for drivers who cannot appreciate fine historic motoring.

At least 30 years ago, I realised that drivers would flash their lights at you because they were too lazy to lift a hand and wave!

See you at the meeting tonight?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fill

More
5 years 9 months ago #194989 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fill's Bedford
The sad thing is all those "finger wavers" just see an old truck rather than the countless hours and dedication that has gone into saving a piece of history.

Just wave back, with your hand not your finger, and enjoy the ride.

You deserve it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fill

More
5 years 9 months ago #194997 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford

Fill wrote: Hi guys I have not been on for awhile, but been doing a bit. I made a spare wheel holder and of coarse you can not buy the pipe the right size. I had to buy a bigger pipe cut a slit out and weld it up, to make it smaller. With the rope rail it was straight, I have been looking at it for a while.The wheels were going to hit it. I have seen on trucks they cut it out were the wheel is and bend it up to the tray. I think it looks wrong. So this is what I did

100_3344 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_3345 by fill quinn , on Flickr

Something to think about with your tie rail is when and if the truck has a load on and you get a flat, when you jack it up and the wheel goes sque whif as the axle twist

Can the wheel come of under the tie rail

Better to find out now rather than latter, also need to allow for uneven road surfaces as this can also have quite a effect

Tiz all coming together nicely now

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 8 months ago #195519 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Jist lookn @ this thread fir sum progress
WotSezU? .................. Fill

cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 8 months ago #195525 by Fill
It has been a while. No photos this time. Bit of a story. I am just about there but have had a bit of a hiccup. About four years ago I found a engineer to de- rate my truck. Two years ago I found a truck roadworthy guy who came to my shed and took photos of the brake drums and shoes, I took my old tyres to him to check if they were roadworthy. All was good, well things have changed. About a month ago I rang the engineer. He is not accredited to do trucks any more. The same day I rang the roadworthy guy, he has sold his business ( no photos ). After ringing about ten engineers I found one that would have a go at de-rating it, he is doing my seat belts and tow bar as well. I have found a truck roadworthier. The engineer has been knocked back for the de-rating once, but is going to have another go. I have blocked up the truck, taken off the six tyres, taken the axles out and the drums off ready to photograph. In the mean time I have been reading the the Victorian Bus and Truck Driver's Handbook in case I need to get a truck licence. Sorry there are no pictures. Thanks for your interest Swishy Cheers Fill

More
5 years 8 months ago #195527 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Fill's Bedford
What is with the brakes and photos Fill, I dont believe my man did that when I got my RW a few months back. As for the licence upgrade, that would be worth the effort, just think what you can stick ya bum in for a putt about in if ya get that upgrade. :ohmy:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195531 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Fill's Bedford
Thanks for the update Fill. I had been waiting for the next instalment too. So much inspiration in your story so far.

I'm having similar hassle finding someone to roadworthy my Scout in NSW, and so far I've only told them about the LPG conversion. Some changes to suspension and seat belts might also be called into attention if I don't find the right bloke :oops:

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds