Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
1 year 6 months ago #240295 by 180wannabe
I like the moulding along the side, and the piece along the bottom from guard to guard, that looks really neat.

You are achieving a lot more than i am at the moment PDU, good work!

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240303 by PDU
The middle mouldings create a long story Brett (a groan from the reading masses) . . . they were from a Bedford bus that I spotted on line that a guy was removing, in Alice Springs. When I told him what I was planning he was good enough to donate them to my cause :woohoo: and a mate in Alice went to pick them up. All very nice, but then approximately six months trying to organise getting them down to Crystal Brook during which time his youngest son used one of them for something else. :ohmy: There were two long ones and two short ones originally, but when they eventually arrived I only had one long one and two short ones! Consequently I had to make one side using the two short ones, with the actual positioning dictated by a section that had been cut out of the long one, presumably to allow for the bus's petrol filler. I would have liked them a wee bit further forward but the cut out was set directly over the rear wheel and I cut the lower section from each to match the rear guards.

The moulding along the bottom was relatively simple using c-channel over the 50mm square tubing frame, covers the tek screws holding the side panels along the bottom edges. They're a bugger to get them on but laying on my back holding 'em up with my legs and giving them a bit of friendly persuasion with a rubber hammer they slip on nicely. :silly: Will possibly be retained later by a couple, or three, coach bolts (or similar) up through the c-channel and the frame - secured with nyloc nuts. (not that I think it stands much chance of coming off cos they're tight!).

Actually it is all the little issues like this that have kept me busy doing not much of any consequence visibly for the last two months??? B)
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago #240304 by PDU
And here are two more nothing issues that have been holding me up:

Round corner on the front of the side shoulders.
AND

Access doors to the two side tanks.
Hey, short comment for me!? :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Pierre, asw120, wee-allis

More
1 year 6 months ago #240308 by Mrsmackpaul
All looks good to me, if you had it all done and dusted you would have nothing left to do for tomorrow

So all is good

Just keep on plugging away

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PDU

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #240944 by PDU
Despite other activities work has continued on the Bedford . . .

All side sheet metal for the rear section is now screwed in place, as are the side steps either side of the turret.

The "underlay" for the turret sheet metal has been modified to join jigsaw fashion to eliminate the overlapping that was there before.

This will be held flat by the sheeting going over it but I will probably stick the bits down that are not actually screwed at the moment.

Over and out. ;)
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Urchy87, PaulFH, husky, Pierre, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240947 by cobbadog
It sure is looking the part

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PDU

More
1 year 5 months ago #241001 by Urchy87
It’s looking good mate, corflute for the win.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PDU

More
1 year 5 months ago #241008 by hayseed
PDU, did you give the Corflute a bit of Warm with a heat gun or score the inside with a Stanley Knife.? to get that nice radius..??

If I tried that ,I'd have Kinked Corflute everywhere...!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
1 year 5 months ago #241036 by PDU
Hayseed, I discovered when first trying to use it that it will bend nicely in one direction, but turned ninety degrees it kinks.

Great stuff, but has become dearer since I initially bought some. What's new? :angry:

More
1 year 4 months ago #241807 by Pierre
Lovely work there PDU, coming together very nicely. I like the bus mouldings too, great touch.;)

I notice your doors & gaps seem to be fitting really well.
I've fitted the original style furflex trim around mine on the inside, but the doors don't shut easily so both need more adjusting.
Do you know if these trucks had rubber door seals as there was no sign of them on mine? :huh:
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds