Skip to main content

Preparing & Painting a 1927 Inter Chassis

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56506 by
Just another update with what i am up to.

More parts ready to go to sandblaster, these wheels and brakes are for the 2nd resto the panels are for this one.

This is the speedo cable and the ends that i need to re produce

These are some loose bits ready to be cleaned up and painted.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #56507 by
Drop over the speedo ends if you want and I'll whip up some new ones for you.

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56508 by
Thanks Stu

Just have to get a little bit of time to draw it up and then get it over to you.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 8 months ago #56509 by Swishy

Grampz
Gudday M8

Our local speedoman haz educated us to always bring the ol bits in
makes it far cheaper n easier to jist replace the cable part as he reuses the ends

Ringwood Speedometer Service
Mitcham, VIC 3132
East VIC, Nunawading East
p: (03) 9874 2260
(Maroondah Hwy & Heatherdale RD group of shops)
(Hans is good Yar)

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56510 by
Swishy

There is only 1 big problem somewhere along the journey of the second resto's trucks life it has lost its inner cable complete with the ends, so this is why i need to make some more up, also Speedscreen recommend using a 6mm inner cable and not the 3mm of the sample one so need to make them up to suit.

Grampz,Rocky, SloSped

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56511 by
Got a few more spares delivered from WA today also got the head light reflectors back and have added a sneak peek at the radiator surround.

Trevor

More
12 years 8 months ago #56512 by invested energy
About your tray Slo,

Swishy has it by the right end... a simple lap join with a decent gap (1/8"?) is what's required. Water can run straight through and even if it gets soaked the boards have somewhere to go. Australian Oak is great.

My original Model T tray was baltic pine in fact... I think they used that because it was a 10cwt lorry (1/2 ton) built on a car chassis so it was best made light weight.

In any case you'd be mad not to oil it. Any time you damage a clear finish the timber will have a dark stain. Glossy clear finishes look so completely out of place you'd think the truck was owned by a retard... it's like putting cream wool carpet in your shed;)

It's a great looking project you have there... is the radiator shell chrome or nickel?

Cheers

AB

for when I'm not driving the car of the century...

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56513 by
Trevor ,

My rims are over at the sand blasters at the moment they are doing them for $ 30 per rim and that includes ecth prime . dave

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56514 by
AB

The radiator surround is chromed, still deciding on what timber to use on the tray.

DD
That not a bad price Dave, I dropped the crate of panels off to the blaster on Friday so should have them back next week.

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56515 by
Trev

In this day of age sand blasting must be where the work is as he told me he was overloaded with work and was knocking it back .

The rims will there for about 10 -16 days I'm not worried plenty more to do. Dave

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds