Skip to main content

Preparing & Painting a 1927 Inter Chassis

More
12 years 8 months ago #56466 by cranky crank
Hi Trevor,
chevparts,02 98921686.
They have been operating for many years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56467 by
Thanks for that will contact them.

Slo weekend with the resto my painter had to work on Saturday so we only got to paint the tailshafts, brake rods and wheel bolts, so silver on the wheels is now next weekend.
Engines/gearbox is next.

Hint: Take lots of pictures before you pull things apart as you will need to refer back to them at some stage. (just to jog the old memory)

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56468 by
With todays wet weather i spent a bit of time in the shed and fitted up the brake arms, tailshaft's and steering box.

And then set up the rims and clamps ready to be painted silver this coming weekend

If the weather stays wet again tomorrow will start cleaning & preparing the engine and gearbox.

Also dropped 2 speedo cables and my 2 spare speedo's of at Speedscreen so they could make up 2 good speedo's (out of the 4) and fix up the cables.

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56469 by
Got the silver painted yesterday, and when your painter asks you do you want to put a tarp down on the floor (listen to him) i now have a silver floor, all was ok with the red but not with Silver.

Trevor

More
12 years 8 months ago #56470 by Chocs
Tell him to slide straight down Trev...
there a dropdeck for him to do while hes got it in the gun!! :D :D

chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56471 by

Tell him to slide straight down Trev...
there a dropdeck for him to do while hes got it in the gun!! :D :D

chocs 8-)

Is the dropdeck to carry all your donations for the run up the hume. ????
He is pretty good at painting trailers as that is what he does full time.

Trevor

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #56472 by Chocs

Is the dropdeck to carry all your donations for the run up the hume. ????
He is pretty good at painting trailers as that is what he does full time.

Trevor

The full trailer might be a little overkill for the donations Trev....plenty of time for em all to come in though...

I'm tippin ol mate would be sick of the sight of trailers!
i must admit...its a better job to finish than start!

The Ol Inter is comin up a treat Trev...every picture tells a story..puts things into perspective for people that don't understand the enormous task ahead of them when 'dreaming' about restoring an old buggy....
Well done mate appreciate the time you are taking to keep the progress pics coming

chocs 8-)

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56473 by
The Ol Inter is comin up a treat Trev...every picture tells a story..puts things into perspective for people that don't understand the enormous task ahead of them when 'dreaming' about restoring an old buggy....
Well done mate appreciate the time you are taking to keep the progress pics coming

chocs 8-)[/quote]

Thanks Chocs

I must admit i am a little luckier than some as this truck had a sort of restoration done about 15-20 years ago so mechanically it is really good (drove into the shed under its own power), once the engine and gearbox goes back in then the fun starts on the body work and then finally the timber cab and tray.

If anyone has any of the rims pictured above i need 2 more for the next restoration (7.00/7.50-20) They are a Firestone rim.

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56474 by
Hi Trev I'm doing another resto also and I'm up to the same place as you .

Today the springs under the axles I roll them yesterday out of the spray booth once the the springs are on I will have the brake lines made up and in goes the fuel tank etc. Dave :D

PS I'm shore you know who this is for ;) ;)

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56475 by
DD

Its good to see you got the springs done.

I did stuff all over the weekend was interupted with domestic chores including spending 6 Bloo%dy hours putting a cubby house together that came in a box marked "Ready to Assemble" i now were i would rather have been.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds