Skip to main content

Preparing & Painting a 1927 Inter Chassis

More
12 years 9 months ago #56456 by wouldyou
Trevor,We have just picked up new tyres and tubes for our Chev 4 truck, 600x20 also branded 30x5. The tubes have a straight 3-1/2 inch rubber valve 3/4 inch off centre fold of tube, branded 600/750x19, 600/700x19/21. Custom Classic Made in India, not for use in radial tyres, $35. Asked if they made a larger size but didn't know. Firm is Airmaster, 6 Rio St Bayswater WA 6053, Phone 08 9272 6411 ask for Jason. Regards, David.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56457 by
David

Thanks for that information but i think i have a soloution to my problem.

Today was one of those run around days and i think i achieved a far bit.

Stop 1
Drop of 2 headlight reflectors at Western Metal Polishing in North Sunshine to have them re silvered.

Stop 2
Pick up 2 collars that Stu had machined up to fit on the rear spring hangers

Stop 3
Was at Oakleigh to pick up some parts for a saw at home.

Stop 4
Was at Hallam (rema tip top) to sort out the tube problem.

Just needs a bit of fine tuning and should be ok, need to find a rubber grommet to go around stem and fit into rim.

Stop 5
Was at Automotive Surplus to get 2 distributer caps, 2 rotor buttons, 2 sets of points & 2 condensers.
But all that could be found was 1 & 1/2 sets of points, they are going to try and locate the rest.

Stop 6
Was at Glen Camerons Depot in Canterbury road to pick up the engine paint that had come down from Phoenix Lacquers & Paints (Thanks to Intermodel63 for finding it) Tin is only 4 litres not 20.

Stop 7

I drove in over the chain, past the elephant and pulled up in full view of the camera, saw the preperations starting for the big doo in November and then sat and spoke about rock/gravel production.

Then ventured back across town to the west and home.

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56458 by
Ooops missed a stop

Stop 2A

Dropped of 2 speedometers at Speedscreen Mount Alexander Road Flemington to have them looked at and make sure they are working properly (As i need to know how fast i am going) and still not keeping up with Deedle.

Trevor

More
12 years 9 months ago #56459 by tim
Trev, you sure have had a productive day. Good when some things come together like that. I found the guys at Speedscreen to be very helpful & quite happy to share their knowledge when you need it. All looking good mate, keep up the good work & the piccies. cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 9 months ago #56460 by cranky crank
Hi,
Those points look very similar to the points used on the 26/27 chev.They are from the manual advance distributer,not the 28 chev one with semi automatic advance.Cap could also be the same.
May be worth a call to chev parts in Sydney if you do no good finding parts.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 8 months ago #56461 by Swishy

Slos Peed
Gudday M8

Gr8 for U drop n in

Rumor haz it U were source n out gravel bodies on this side of town for the 27 Inter Chassis

LOL

Rumorz gotta start sumwhere
Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 8 months ago #56462 by bparo
no Swishy, i have it from a (not) good source that he is after a tilt tray body to carry his tractors and slashers on :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 8 months ago #56463 by Andy Wright
Great thread, Trev, thanks for sharing your progress. You've mentioned a few companies I haven't heard of so will file them away for future use.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56464 by

Hi,
Those points look very similar to the points used on the 26/27 chev.They are from the manual advance distributer,not the 28 chev one with semi automatic advance.Cap could also be the same.
May be worth a call to chev parts in Sydney if you do no good finding parts.

Cranky crank
Do you have a contact number for chev parts

Trevor

• Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #56465 by
Todays effort was getting some of the last RED bits ready for painting as tommorow will be another painting day with the red bits first and then silver on all the outer rim parts.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.961 seconds