Skip to main content

Preparing & Painting a 1927 Inter Chassis

More
12 years 9 months ago #56416 by Dingodan
A bit of concoction that we have been using on bikes and cars.....and hopefully soon on a J3 and a K2..... with a LOT of success is POR15. It was developed as a replacement for the very carcenegenic Akran range of paints and is as tough as the old Akran or powder coating....... no worries about stone chips or clumsy mechanics, this stuff takes a good hit with a steel mallet to even bruise. It isnt UV stable so best for chassis and out of the sun areas or with a top coat...The good part is any touching up due to mods/repairs blends in seamlessly and because it is self levelling a brush job looks as good as a spray job and the fine pitting from sandblasting DOESNT require filling first......Minimises preperation as well .....Available through por15.com.au/ ......and you gotta love a company that provides instructions for people who dont read instructions ;D
Hooroo
DD
PS No Im not a rep etc etc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56417 by
A little bit more done today

Fitted new bushes to rear springs/hangers and installed rear springs

Then installed new king pin bushes, reamed and cleaned up stubs ready to install.

Then cleaned up threads on U bolts with a die nut and installed new nuts/washers, also started to re assemble steering arms and front spring hangers.

Back to work tomorrow so things will slow up again

Trevor

More
12 years 9 months ago #56418 by GM Diesel
Looking good Trevor 8-)

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56419 by
You know now if it's RED leave it in the shed ,but if it's GREY bring it out . ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56420 by
Thanks Baz

Deedle i added some black today, had to replace the old bump stops, got the rubber from Clark rubber $38 and enough to to both trucks.

Then fitted and reamed the front suspension bushes and installed the front springs and beam.

Now up to fitting king pins and steering.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #56421 by Swishy
May need sum assembly

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56422 by
Swishy

Its like a big meccano set, You dont relize how many bits go into your rebuild until you have them laying all over the place and also have to paint them, im glad its going back together as it starts to clear up some floor space again.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #56423 by Swishy
U gunna fit a rock body
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 9 months ago #56424 by GM Diesel
You know having that hoist to do your reassembly makes you pretty lucky Trev 8-)

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #56425 by
Swishy

Enquired about a ROCK body and was told a bloke in a grey KW had just been in and picked up a GRAVEL one. ;) ;) ;)

Baz
Yes i gotta agree it really makes life easy and saves the back, and along with using the wheel trolleys it makes fitting and moving the heavy stuff like the diff around a breaze.
Pictures of Diff on trolleys will be in the next couple of days.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds