Skip to main content

Detroit Devil

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #247835 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Detroit Devil
LN 700- curiosity got the better of me so I texted mark last night and he text back to say he couldn't remember. So.. I messaged Grant this morning and he reckons the fuel tank was at the rear in-between the chassis rails & it was about 50 ltrs with an electric pump to a smaller fuel tank by the Governor and a high capacity engine fuel pump in and out of the small tank to feed the burners. I reckon the fella (maybe Fred Nussio RIP) taking a photo is standing on the fuel tank. And here are some more from Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #247836 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic Detroit Devil
Overlander,
Thanks Pete for checking and getting that info
.You think that I should have known the answer
I went back through the Pictures from my collection and found this,
You can see the breather and filler cap in this shot

LN700 :unsure: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #247840 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Detroit Devil
Very impressive, thanks everyone

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #247938 by overlander
LN 700- I reckon Grant did the same position of fuel tank on Satan's Son.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, LN700, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #250349 by overlander
This photo taken by Ian Saffin was I suspect taken on the SE Freeway possibly on its way to Calder. That's my guess anyway. Ray Grima posted the photo on the White Trucks FB page.so thanks Ray and thanks Ian Saffin for taking the photo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, LN700, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251364 by overlander
Greetings. Today I learnt from one of the 'Supertuners' that the 12v71T used in the Detroit Devil was then used for a stand-by generator set which went to the Tweed Heads Bowls Club. The fuel injectors were changed back to factory set and the governor back to a variable speed but that's about it so if that gen set ever goes to auction who ever gets dibs on it will be getting themselves a pretty much ready to race engine. I'll keep bugging Hammy for info and photos and live in hope that he'll find more surprises.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, LN700, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.846 seconds