Skip to main content

Swishy and Rex 1, Heavy Haulage Australia 0

More
8 years 10 months ago #160279 by bparo
News reports are that Heavy Haulage Australia has gone into receivership. Hopefully that leads to more customers for 2 of our forum members
m.bigrigs.com.au/news/heavy-haulage-aust...administrat/2689163/

Of course it only helps if they are paying customers!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160280 by geoffb
Think you jumped a bit early there Bruce
I don't think Rex or Swishy would want to benefit from some else 's misfortune
Wait till all the details are laid out
JMO

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #160281 by bparo
I think you are probably right I was just trying to be a bit light hearted.

I don't know enough about the Heavy Haulage / oversize loads sector of the industry to even know if they were really competitors

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160282 by John Whale
had to happen you cant spend the kind of money that H H A were spending prettying up trucks just to big note. what were mcaleese thinking buying up a business that heavily relied on an industry that was slowing down quicker than the greek economy or am i wrong tell if i am?? whale

More
8 years 10 months ago #160283 by defective
...the very old apt saying .. pride comes before a fall....

More
8 years 10 months ago #160284 by rex
Gentleman.
Jon Kelly had a go.
When there is no more of us that will have a go, God help Australia.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #160285 by defective
...i don't believe "having a go" should entail taking down firms or people that have helped him along the way....bad management is just plain bad management...

...from a bloke who has been in business 28 years dealing with the slippery can of worms that is the transport industry, in my opinion... he has no excuses!!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160286 by Mrsmackpaul

Gentleman.
Jon Kelly had a go.
When there is no more of us that will have a go, God help Australia.
Rex

I gotta agree Rex from what I have heard he's stood on a lot of toes over the years and spent a fortune on gear and his management most likely was up the creek but he had a crack and thats more than most people will do in Australia today love em or hate em they had a go

And as far as taking other people down with them unfortunately that could also be seen as bad management never risk more than you can afford to loose

dunno just saying

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 10 months ago #160287 by newto

...i don't believe "having a go" should entail taking down firms or people that have helped him along the way....bad management is just plain bad management...

...from a bloke who has been in business 28 years dealing with the slippery can of worms that is the transport industry, in my opinion... he has no excuses!!

totally agree with you Defective (and welcome back with your sexy new name)

heavy haulage is a tough gig....been involved in that with Kangaroo Transport....if Jon spent as much time looking after the essentials instead of preening for a tv show he might still be around and making money and therefore paying his bills!

just saying...

newto

More
8 years 10 months ago #160288 by Debo
It always amazes me how many people love to knock HHA? as Rex said he had a go and a good one at that!
It appears that a major client of HHA has closed down or stopped trading I challenge any business to survive in this tough economic climate when you loose say 1/3 of your work and you have that much gear.
I believe that it is voluntary administration which indicates he is still trying to fix it!
Again I don't know all the facts but not many people that started as young as Jon did have done what he has.
I say good luck Jon and I hope you work things out ;)

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds