Skip to main content

Swishy and Rex 1, Heavy Haulage Australia 0

More
8 years 9 months ago #160349 by hayseed

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #160350 by rex
Swishy mate, no no no this just has to be the fulfilment you need as retirement comes, they started it up for me, and it brought tears to my eyes as I immediately recognised the sound, the tears were the memories of how much my OIL bill increased owing one of the noisy things. Understanding you have reduced the cost of your OIL by arranging bulk deliveries, surely this little jigger won't break the Bank.
As for registration cost.
Current rate for rows of 8 are the same as rows of 4 in NSW $574.00 per Axle line, our largest module is 6 lines therefore it is $3444.00. However we have just over 200 registered trailers with an average of 3 Axles, yes registration is a significant cost but in this case be brave and buy the thing.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 9 months ago #160351 by bigcam
So where are the rest of the toys?
Are they not being auctioned?

The F350 was put together for the Variety Club Bash, I think I heard it had an aluminium block 6V53T in it.

More
8 years 9 months ago #160352 by rex
Hayseed, Swishy and Gentlemen.
If you can make go to Brisbane and walk through the HHA depot, never will you ever see so much equipment with so little use, there are trailers sitting there that I doubt have done a job.
In my humble opinion you will also see a significant amount of equipment that simply could not be competitive.
To put it bluntly I am still at this rather late hour having arrived home, trying to reason with how someone could buy so much equipment with borrowed money, and how he managed to get them to give him the money.
My only reasoning is it is one thing or the other.
A kid in a Lolly shop.
A Bull in a China shop.
Either way it is unbelievable this could happen in the Transport Industry.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #160353 by hayseed

Cam, Page 42 (Paragraph 9.4.2.1.)here Might tell you what happened to the Toys..

www.ferrierhodgson.com/au/~/media/Ferrie...hout%20Annexures.pdf

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by hayseed.

More
8 years 9 months ago #160354 by rex
Bigcam
What ever version of a dust suppressor it has let me tell you this screamer you will hear coming. The noise is defining, Swishy will love it, he is probably all but deaf anyway having driven the oil soaked things for so long, this will do the job completly and he won't be able to hear anything.
Rex

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 9 months ago #160355 by Swishy
n Here za beer bus fir ReX

http://www.volvotrucks.com/cwp2moss.news.images/198734

http://www.volvotrucks.com/cwp2moss.news.images/198735

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 9 months ago #160356 by bigcam
Interesting reading Seed, so how do you sell a business with no accounting books? The receivers can't find any reading that article, but McAleese have bought half the business? Based on half of what?

Not only that, but how do you borrow money without accounting books? I would have thought even those low doc loans would have their limits.

One would wonder if those handing out the money maybe could have been a little more diligent as well.

Cam, Page 42 (Paragraph 9.4.2.1.)here Might tell you what happened to the Toys..

www.ferrierhodgson.com/au/~/media/Ferrie...hout%20Annexures.pdf

More
8 years 9 months ago #160357 by Mrsmackpaul
Hmmmm from my inexperienced little life when my worlds gone pear shaped the banks dont really wanna know me as because if Im going there for money there aint much coming in the only times banks like me is when I dont need them
And paper work I would have to provide and the stuff I would need to get the money this mob has borrowed the mind boggles I dunno how these people can get money when they know things are going bad
I dunno how banks can lend them money when things are going bad as well either way you would thinks heads are gunna roll somewhere

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 9 months ago #160358 by Dave_64
Been following this thread with interest, mostly your comments guys. Don't know enough about the principle players to pass comments, but from where I see it, it is another "boom or bust" scenario that we all got caught up in the late seventies/early eighties. Banks (and moneylenders) were throwing cash around like there were no tomorrows, had a mate who bought an S2 to subbie for a certain coal carter from Lithgow, and the ONLY account he had with his bank was a credit card!

Even just before retiring mid 2000's, when over the West, you could (and a few did) sign up for quite expensive machinery (dozers, etc) and once again the moneylenders were opening the checkbooks on the proviso that you had work lined up with one of the mines. We all know how hard that would be to obtain, you only had to look at the offshore (and locally owned) mine that were opening and closing every second week! That didn't start yesterday either, happened in the mid nineties and has and will happen again! And they tell us that we are supposed to learn from History? Still, doesn't matter what the industry involved, whilst ever greed supplants decency, there are always going to be 'shearers' ready to clip the new flock of sheep!

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds