Skip to main content

Swishy and Rex 1, Heavy Haulage Australia 0

More
8 years 10 months ago #160299 by Mrsmackpaul

If all HHA's equipment is sold off it will mean other's in the industry will get to purchase some flash gear at discounted prices and will most likely make a go of it.

There are 100's if not 1000's of examples of this happening in Australia's history were big companys have gone belly up yet smaller family operations can make a go of it by being smarter operators and little Mum and Dad operations dont have the same rules and guidelines that big companys do

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160300 by asw120

..g'day Jarrod .. i don't know what you're like with super, but i gave up on them pricks 30 years ago. I've had all kinds of people come in and say "what is all this crap?"......

They change the rules every 6 months!

A couple near here put all theirs into classic motorbikes and traded them a fair bit. They had it as a museum until recently (near Ipswich).
I bought a couple of cheap rentals while I was still single. I'll never get rich out of it, but I'll be OK. Now if I could just get the missus to live within our means......
I can always sip beer while watching my fleet :D of Studebakers not fix themselves!

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #160301 by defective
off topic, but still in the same vein......good point about looking at 'em Jarrod .. a milk crate and a box of beer is a lot cheaper than shelling out big dollars (and a ton of heartbreak) on attempting to "restore" something.....UNTIL...you can fund the whole thing from go to whoa....(imo)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 10 months ago #160302 by John Whale
could not agree more defective my truck is 22 years old and never misses a beat because i am the only one who drives it one of my local competitors spent upwards of 90 fat one's building a new truck and was going to crush every one he wont do half the jobs he is offered because of access prices etc etc he rang me yesterday looking for a bone

More
8 years 10 months ago #160303 by asw120
I don't know what you do exactly with your gear, Phil, but I tend to put some fuel in them every now and then and just start one up for something to do.......

....end of long, boring aside :D (it's a Goons thing)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 10 months ago #160304 by overnite
ASW120
"Now if I could just get the missus to live within our means......"

If you find out how to do this, you'll never have to work again. I for one would pay you a substantial amount if you can inform me of the formula.

More
8 years 9 months ago #160305 by rex
Gentlemen
From a reliable source I understand that some of the gear will be handled by Gray's, the balance will be handled by Pickles.
While Gray's will get underway soon, given they appear to be working for a finance Company, the balance is possibly a little more complicated as there is possibly more than one interested party. Should my information be correct it will more likely be September before a sale, for me this is good news as I will be in the UK, and if it is the first few days in September at the Great Dorset Steam Fair. This will mean no Temptation to buy something I don't need, then again having been to Dorset before Temptation is everywhere, how good would it be to get a Steam powered Foden. If I did manage to get a Foden Steamer I could throw out a challenge to Swishy, my Foden against one of his one dust suppressing two strokes, either pull me backwards or straight out drag either way it would be fairly equal.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 9 months ago #160306 by Bitsa
Them thar's fightin words Rex

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 9 months ago #160307 by Swishy
ReX
M80

we alwaze bin in front of Foden ..... n also drag n m

LOL

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 9 months ago #160308 by bigcam
There was a heap of Boon's stuff in the last Pickles auction in Brisbane last week Rex.
Reckon there could be plenty of stuff for temptation in other colours than iridescent blue.

Not a bad time to buy a new heavy rated prime mover either.
There seems to be quite a few brand new iridescent blue Mack's and Western Stars in Brisbane.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds