Skip to main content

Tesla

More
3 years 5 months ago #216625 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Tesla
Be interesting to see the size of the battery on a 650hp electric Kenny running straight through overnight Sydney to Brisbane, (with the a/c on full and the bull lights on). I’d imagine it would have a reduced payload. Maybe put the battery on the tri axle trailer and the freight in the old diesel tanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216627 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Tesla
Does a truck driver even get the chance to use a bull light on the Hume these days ?
Would of thought the traffic would of been to busy all night :blink: :blink: :blink:

There's a few mobs having a decent crack at building long haul semi's including the Tesla fella
I think all the mainstream manufacturers have short haul trucks, say up till a couple of hundred miles on the market these days over seas so it probably won't be to far away

Maybe when and if they ever get the high speed rail links built a lot might change, I honestly think I might have a full head of hair before that happens

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 5 months ago #216628 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Tesla
Maybe one answer
Attachments:

More
3 years 5 months ago #216631 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Tesla
No one mentions the cost of deposing of these at the end of the battery life or the vehicle
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216634 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Tesla
I read where "Boris" is going to Ban the sale of Internal combustion Engine (ICE) Powered vehicles In Great Britan from 2030..
I can see Australia becoming the Worlds dumping ground for excess ICE powered Vehicles.

The Missing link (In my mind) at the Moment is Affordable Batteries to store all the Wind & solar produced Electricity... That will be real game changer once It's sorted.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by hayseed. Reason: added a bit

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216636 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Tesla
I have just done a bit more research.

Australia has one of the highest two car family numbers in the world (more than USA). This means our average car mileage is split significantly between two vehicles while one car families combine most of the mileage total of both cars into one vehicle. Not all mind you, because the second vehicle creates its own driving opportunities.

Over 90% of the second vehicles never travel further than 200km on a trip. 80% of their trips are under 10km.

Perhaps we should be taking the car off mum and replacing it with an electric vehicle for the school run and round the town operation while hanging on to our petrol/diesel vehicles for all-round use until such time as an electric vehicle can carry us anywhere and everywhere with at least 500km - in all conditions - range and under 10 minute charge times.

It might let the infrastructure construction keep up with the change instead of going down the Norwegian path of sudden death in 2025 with everybody only offered electric for their new car. Then again they are up to around 80% electric sales now so the pain may not be as great as we think.

Also to remember these figures are SALES. They are not banning petrol vehicles but will let them die a natural death over their 10-15 year lifetime. The take-up by natural attrition will be several years past 2025 before the actual numbers of electric cars exceed petrol/diesel on the road.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216638 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Tesla

Lang wrote: I have just done a bit more research.

Australia has one of the highest two car family numbers in the world (more than USA). This means our average car mileage is split significantly between two vehicles while one car families combine most of the mileage total of both cars into one vehicle. Not all mind you, because the second vehicle creates its own driving opportunities.

Over 90% of the second vehicles never travel further than 200km on a trip. 80% of their trips are under 10km.

Perhaps we should be taking the car off mum and replacing it with an electric vehicle for the school run and round the town operation while hanging on to our petrol/diesel vehicles for all-round use until such time as an electric vehicle can carry us anywhere and everywhere with at least 500km - in all conditions - range and under 10 minute charge times.

It might let the infrastructure construction keep up with the change instead of going down the Norwegian path of sudden death in 2025 with everybody only offered electric for their new car. Then again they are up to around 80% electric sales now so the pain may not be as great as we think.

Also to remember these figures are SALES. They are not banning petrol vehicles but will let them die a natural death over their 10-15 year lifetime. The take-up by natural attrition will be several years past 2025 before the actual numbers of electric cars exceed petrol/diesel on the road.

Lang

You're 100% correct Lang, I just went back & edited My Post to reflect this As I wasn't very Clear in my initial Post.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 5 months ago #216649 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Tesla
While the hole world is think n lectric

Cummins go n Hydrogen
newpowerprogress.com/cummins-drives-ahea...hydrogen-strategies/

WotSezU?
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 4 months ago #216650 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Tesla
Totally doable Swishman, however you must remember it takes a lot of electricty to make hydrogen

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 4 months ago #216651 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Tesla
The thinking is to set up square kilometres of solar farms to generate the hydrogen.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds