Skip to main content

Tesla

More
3 years 4 months ago #216934 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Tesla
Swishy

Not saying close this thread because it is a good one just saying don't let the coal kings and sunshine warriors do battle as they did to such an extent on the other electric thread the poor old moderators had to call a halt. Once we get into the "My dad's better than your dad" arguments we lose perspective.

I read this thread as going along nicely about how we are going to implement the change and how is it going to be paid for staying away from justification disputes on the rights and wrongs of the subject.

Anyhow not my forum and anybody can say anything they like until it gets so heated the moderators step in and nobody is forcing me to read every thread if I don't like it..

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 4 months ago #216935 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Tesla
Good Call

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #216941 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Tesla
OK ,got my power bill right here .....Peak useage....23.935c/kw/hr.......................off peak,which may well apply to a car charged from (say)...2200hr to 0500hr ....18.023c/kw hr.........(SE Qld tariffs from last bill).
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by JOHN.K..

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #216943 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Tesla
The way i see the situation is ............
A diiscussion (or debate ) is rather pointless if you only want to state the up sides ...............
( or what some people think are the up sides) ........................
I think it should be about the end result, because , that is what we will be saddled
with for a long time to come with no turning back ................
The same goes for all the down sides ....................
Hopefully no slinging matches , just some ones honest opinions, ( isnt that what life is about .............
BUT, there must come a time when all we can say is what has been said previously ..........
.....................Billy...................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by BillyP.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216956 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Tesla
The most likely driver of this change will be us
As other countries switch to electric cars the car manufacturers will slowly stop building petrol cars as the demand just wont be there

We can argue about the pro'sand con's of this but in the end it will make little difference as decision will be made by the manufacturers

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
3 years 4 months ago #216966 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Tesla

Mrsmackpaul wrote:
We can argue about the pro'sand con's of this but in the end it will make little difference as decision will be made by the manufacturers

Paul

Spot on i think there Mrs.............
Latest from Sydney .........All government busses to be electric by 2030........................
...................Billy...................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216969 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Tesla
Yeah Billy,
IMHO, whether it's right, wrong, good, bad or otherwise- this stuff will come from Government mandates.
(which I personally hate, but thats another topic!)
Like all the pollution gear, EGR's and so on, they start in California, or Germany, as such a huge market, thats the way everything goes.
And of course we follow the European/USA guidelines, so it become law here too.
In a lot of ways I reckon it's really dumb, like the pollution stuff that ruined a lot of engines - decisions are made by people who feel no impact or cost from that decision, but it causes huge expense and drama for the average gumby who has to deal with it down at the bottom.
Mostly to keep people feeling good about their supposed reduced impact on the environment- but the REAL benefit, after all is said and done? Hmmm who knows.
But as Lang says, it's coming, whether we like it or not, so we may as well face it and deal with it, as best we can?
cheers
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP

More
3 years 4 months ago #216971 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Tesla
Saw a Tesla parked the other day,quite a crowd looking at it .......and no doubt wanting one.......must say ,it was very bright and shiny ,finish was a cut above cars around it......All I know is it was bright red and very shiny.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216977 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Tesla

JOHN.K. wrote: Saw a Tesla parked the other day,quite a crowd looking at it .......and no doubt wanting one.......must say ,it was very bright and shiny ,finish was a cut above cars around it......All I know is it was bright red and very shiny.

I agree John, They're a Good looking Car.. Particularly the Model S.. & 0-100kmh in 3.8 seconds.

However I just went to their website & priced one up. $149,000 Driveaway. with a March Delivery.. I don't want one that Badly..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217000 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Tesla
Hi,

I drove a new Corrolla Hybrid works car the other week.

Nice, all the new car smells, shiny bits, computer gizmos, tricks and toys to play with...
Oh, sorry, I got distracted.

Its a car ya?
Under the bonnet is a full size - full weight corrolla petrol engine (and gearbox?) - hmm okay
and because its electric, some full weight electic wheel motors and a battery.

I tell you what though, put the pedal to the metal and doesnt it go ! (ya ya, all company cars go fast).
WOW 0-60 and maybe beyond, it goes like stink.

A complete petrol automatic Corolla Hybrid full of toys and it goes like stink.

So, where is the saveing both as a cost per kilometer car and as an Eco warrior?

Me thinks someone is makeing a heap of money out of all this car + electricity bullshit.
Stop building heavy, expencive, oversize, complex and over optioned toy boxes on wheeels.

What would be wrong with a light, safe, fuel efficient small capacity petrol engine car?
Make a big stylised box on wheels full of crumple zones and airbags in a range of pretty colours with enough toys, creature comforts and ego massagers to make our naughty bits tingle.

bwwik?
-b

P.S. I used to believe in diesel passenger cars too... and look where that got me.

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Bobsboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds