Skip to main content

Old Kwikasair SARs

More
12 years 8 months ago #23561 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Well boys after your replies and a bit of searching I think that the MV prefix was an early Alltrans one not a TNT allocated one.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #23562 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
werkhorse on the general truck chat..old dodge pics wanted thread is the post of alltrans fuso hurricane ..unit number mv589. also a 351 peterbilt (by this stage in tnt's peaches and cream which alltrans adopted quite early in the piece) with unit number GA153. pete photo was approximately 1972.

cheers

More
12 years 8 months ago #23563 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Sorry for the confusion werkhorse but the 4QA718 is the Ford LTL 9000 on the picture I posted previously on the forum(page 6).About the 4CD408 truck it' s difficult to say because the picture shows only a small part of the cab and I am not very familiar with the small japanese COE trucks. The serial model number is 400,I would guess on a Isuzu truck.I will send you the photo by E-Mail.

Here two more digits for your listing:

3NA117 TNT Kenworth COE K100

TA709 TNT Roadfast Hino COE HE (no first digit)

PS: About the Hino ,the TNT litterature describes it as a Roadfast unit but the tractor pulls a TNT rail container???
Anyway I send you a photo of the Kenworth and the
Hino.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #23564 by R.Buron
It's a pleasure to share Young Fella.Here the picture:

Yes it seem to be a montage for a publicity.The colours of the sky looks not real.The picture comes from a TNT brochure.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23565 by R.Buron
Thank you bigcam for the detailed informations.It's very interesting.What kind of containers you was pulling...
standart QRX small boxes,shipping lines containers or TNT jumbo rail containers?

More
12 years 7 months ago #23566 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Hey there Swishy,Just checked out kw900 website,well worth the visit.Theres some history there mate.Thanks for that. :) ;) :o

More
12 years 7 months ago #23567 by squeak
Replied by squeak on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

You guys are amazing...........

Rene what make and model was 4QA718 in your photo?? and what make model was 4CD408??

Young fella I'd say thats a triaxle semi trailer neatly parked beside the Scania............maybe a little more that a near miss with an on coming truck ???

Now for everyones pleasure...........or displeasure.....LOL....here is the list I have put together so far........

1KT135 = Kenworth
1TA138 = Kenworth K100
1KT145 = Kenworth SAR
1KT147 = Kenworth SAR
1KT153 = Kenworth SAR
7KA156 = Kenworth SAR - Tasmania

More
12 years 7 months ago #23568 by squeak
Replied by squeak on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
some where in there are the SAR's no 272 thru to 276 and 292 to 296, all painted in Comet colors.
272 to 276 I think last of the GM's then 292 to 296 cat with 6 rod?? but as always it was 25 years ago.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #23569 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Squeak...........What can I say..............Amazing.....just bloody amazing

Thank you 8-) 8-) 8-)

So far I'm at 6 pages of info which covers the numbering system, truck list, trailer list, container list, Alltrans before TNT renumbering, Subbies as in M Travelos and Bunkers............All thanks to you guys ;D 8-) 8-) :D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by werkhorse.

More
12 years 7 months ago #23570 by R.Buron
werkhorse,two more prime mover digits:

BA007 and BA958

The two tractors are Mercedes SK operating on behalf of TNT Bulk.Any trace of the State digit on the cabs but the TNT Bulk division was incorporated in NSW.

I will send you by E-Mail a digits list of a bunch of trailers from AFE,Comet and Kwikasair.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds