Skip to main content

Old Kwikasair SARs

More
12 years 8 months ago #23541 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Hello werkhorse,don't be worry the patience has a lot of better taste.The technology is good as long as it work. :-/ :-/ :-/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23542 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

bigcam,looking back to my TNT documentation I finally find a NQX unit showing the letter C in its digits.The truck is a three tonne pantek japaneese vehicle operating from the Townsville terminal showing the following digits 4CD408.The picture is dating back from 1995.

PS: Have you a picture of your prime mover pulling a NQX trailer?

Hi Rene, here it is again, NQX had a heap of these Haulmark trailers on Super Singles, they ended up going back to duals later on. Back in the days before speed limiters I think the duals handled the pace better with out popping.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23543 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Thank you for the information bigcam.I had hoped for a picture of a closed trailer.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #23544 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Still used a lot of flat tops in those days, taughtliners had only been out for a few years. Most of the work I was doing at the time was containers loaded with cotton. NQX used to do a lot of intra state, a lot out to the mines,as well, they wern't really a parcel sort of service in those days. They used to have a cable running the full length of the trailer, through the toolbox and run through the chains so no one could take them off the trailers. They carted mainly general frieght, so not many vans. This trailer still had grain chutes on it for carting grain, all the grain depots ended up banning grain shutes on flat tops because it took to long to unload. NQX had pretty much the same trailers as convertables as well, so they could cart grain or general on them.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #23545 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
some more old pics ive found,couple were out of old truck magazines[kwikasair fashion delivery] delivery] [IMG]http://i1088.photob[IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/rjfc72/scan0017.jpg[/img] ucket.com/albums/i337/rjfc72/scan0016.jpg[/IMG]
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by richie.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23546 by richie
:'(

More
12 years 8 months ago #23547 by Young Fella
Replied by Young Fella on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Gee Richie, looks like that Scania was a bad jack knife. Have a look in topid 'Manure Happens'. Some Comet stuff in there too.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23548 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
You guys are amazing...........

Rene what make and model was 4QA718 in your photo?? and what make model was 4CD408??

Young fella I'd say thats a triaxle semi trailer neatly parked beside the Scania............maybe a little more that a near miss with an on coming truck ???

Now for everyones pleasure...........or displeasure.....LOL....here is the list I have put together so far........

1KT135 = Kenworth
1TA138 = Kenworth K100
1KT145 = Kenworth SAR
1KT147 = Kenworth SAR
1KT153 = Kenworth SAR
7KA156 = Kenworth SAR - Tasmania

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
12 years 8 months ago #23549 by Young Fella
Replied by Young Fella on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
No worries Werkhorse. Watch this space, more to come. I go through some more stuff and I should have some trailer numbers for you soon.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23550 by richie
yes it collided with a volvo,peeled the cab back pretty well.Werkhorse that is nothing short of amazing.And lads please keep this topic goin,I am lovin it.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds