Skip to main content

Mercedes Trucks and pics

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #30103 by rod BAKER
to any one who is interested i have a similar Mercedes prime mover and an old trailer next door rusting away the old bloke who owns it will sell it just never gets around to doing much would prolly get it for scrap price like i did with his old tractor he also has a realy rusty international
which is in tomago nsw

1955 grey Ferguson ted 20 and 1970 Chamberlain Champion 306 L fiat 513r  and assorted bits n pi
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rod BAKER.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #30104 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
RB ol mate,

Betta be gett'in sum pics loaded up fer us benz nuts ta look at. :D :D

Regards, Buc. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #30105 by rod BAKER
ye i know and here are some i took today they are only probably good for parts

1955 grey Ferguson ted 20 and 1970 Chamberlain Champion 306 L fiat 513r  and assorted bits n pi

More
11 years 6 months ago #30106 by scrubchomper
Someone is going to have to explain this whole McGrath Mud Flap thing??? My old 1418 had them on as well.

More
11 years 6 months ago #30107 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
RB, good job with the Pics... that R190 would nearly be classified as roadworthy by the blokes that wanna own one... and the Benz just needs a polish.... ;D

If they have to rot away, its at least good to see them doing it..

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30108 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
Whats the 190 got in it looks like a very large snail on top there

More
11 years 5 months ago #30109 by fageol100
[IMG]http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q705/Hamish_ Petrie/MichaelHosking005-1.jpg[/img][img][/img]
Thanks bugly, I think this is going to work.
Gerald Taylor's 1971 Mercedes LK1924-new to Karamea Co-operative Dairy Company at Karamea on the northern West Coast of the South Island. Pulled artic and dog milk tank trailers. OM355/240 h.p. motor, 6 speed ZF back to front gearbox with splitter, internal gear hub reduction axle. Some of you from Melbourne will probably know Gerald as he has been to the Sandown Show a few times.-Michael Hosking photo.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30110 by fageol100

Alan Mehrten's Merc L1418 parked beside Gerald's LK1924. About 1973 model I think, new to Northern Southland Transport Holdings at Mossburn in Northern Southland. Has recently been repainted in Northern Southland colours again.-Michael Hosking photo.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30111 by fageol100

Amuri Transport, Culverden, North Canterbury about 1976-77 Mercedes L1418. This truck was new to Southland Freight Haulage at Gore in Southland, then to Transpac and Amuri Transport. Has now been wrecked unfortunately, Gerald Taylor has got the cab off this old girl. Michael Hosking photo

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #30112 by fageol100

Two photos of Bob Mehrten's immaculate 1973 Mercedes LS1418 tractor unit at Mount Cook, restored in Refrigerated Freightlines colours. This truck was new to Bulk Transport at Tokoroa where it would have worked hard carting sawn timber with a semi and dog trailer. Next it would have had a much easier life at Majestic Horse Floats carting horses round the country. The old 1418s were a great old truck, but they weren't fast at 48 m.p.h. flat tack.-Michael Hosking photos.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by fageol100.

Time to create page: 0.658 seconds