Skip to main content

Mercedes Trucks and pics

More
11 years 6 months ago #30113 by rod BAKER
i beleive the the 190 has a cat deisel 4 cyl in it and yes its a bloody huge hair drier

1955 grey Ferguson ted 20 and 1970 Chamberlain Champion 306 L fiat 513r  and assorted bits n pi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #30114 by fageol100
Rod Baker-would that be a Caterpillar 1670 truck motor in that R190? These motors were 4 cylinder, double overhead camshaft, pre combustion chamber, turbocharged and aftercooled, 350 cubic inch about 145 horsepower according to old 1960s adverts. Would be bloody rare I would say, I've never seen one before. Would it be possible to post more photos. Thanks-Hamish Petrie

More
11 years 6 months ago #30115 by rod BAKER
no problem i will take a few more pics for you

1955 grey Ferguson ted 20 and 1970 Chamberlain Champion 306 L fiat 513r  and assorted bits n pi

More
11 years 5 months ago #30116 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics

geez BUC ole mate shee be a beauty.. even for a benz, is the lazy an airbag with a bend in the middle for the tailshaft?... jk

Knighty ol mate,

Ol Buc fergot ta answer ya question. :-?

Yeah the new adishun has the bend in the middle fer the tail shaft and the axle is on air bags an ta ol Buc she is a beauty. ;)

Not sure if'n I should ask this here cos it might be anutha thread but nevatheless here goes. :-/ :-/

Anyone on the 4M know where ta be find'in info on chassis numbers for the ol benz's ta establish who bought em and bit bout the history ??

Bit like JOT's,Jimbo, Swish ta name a few with the KW's ?

Got sum info from RTA but dun't go back far enuff. :(

Anyone ?

Regards, Buc. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #30117 by scrape
Replied by scrape on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
thought i'de put my two bobs worth in, in the late 70's i got an apprenticeship with lanes at port melb, 1418" still frequented the workshop including the occasional gm powered unit, there was one old german who ran perth once aweek in a 1418, thruth b known i hated those things , when i left i said no more merc, 4 years later my first truck was a 2238, 3 a day sydney - newcastle then hanging meat on the weekends, in the end i'm glad i did'nt buy the kw with the gm/spicer combo, might have been quicker and sound much hornier, but i paid of the old benz in under 2 years.
someone asked earlier about a movie with stace keach that had a benz in it, "road games " i think was its name, the fridge had "glad to meat you" on the side with porky pig holding a meat cleaver, i have a bunch of old 4x4 pics but i can't come to terms with loading pics here
cya
gary

More
11 years 5 months ago #30118 by philip
Replied by philip on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
mercedes sales personel whom i wont name (from adelaide) spent $160000 dollars on that 911 and it was only when they were about $100000 through there bosses money did they realise it wasnt a1418. Fact.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30119 by v8 inter nut
seen this old banger while chasing header tyres today not for sale neither is the inter with the 160 cummins

More
11 years 5 months ago #30120 by dirty wheels
Heres one (sorry about the picture quality) taken about '82 here in the Hunter, NSW.

Rob Hick's 1924 (ex Warren Brown) with a load of tractors for Stockers and Partridge of Maitland NSW.

Used to do Newcastle Brisbane in the day, just one trip a week. The old girl couldnt keep up with the US jiggers of the day but was not far behind them on trip times as Rob didn't visit every road house on the trip.

Great old girl in it's day, now gone, sitting under a gum tree with a cummins / RR / US diff in it all blown up and blown out. Make you cry when you see stuff that was so good end up so bad.

[img

1924 Benz owned by R&C Hicks, Woodville NSW. by Dirty Wheels , on Flickr

DW :)

And remember

More
11 years 4 months ago #30121 by IHScout
I was going through some old photos today and found a couple more pic of the 1418 I used to drive. While it says J Crook Violet Town on the door,, it was actually owned by Bob Freeman, the yard manager for Holdsworth & Quigley.

And this photo proves I can actually tarp a load properly ;)

Dennis

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #30122 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Mercedes Trucks and pics
Nic pics Scout,
and that is a red hot (Green) HJ Sandman parked up front..... noice ;D :D ;)

And what gives... yet another Benz with McGrath mudflaps.... any ex Benz salemen on board, was it some sort of company deal???

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds