Skip to main content

How to restore a Truck

12 years 5 months ago #66983 by
Replied by on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
Thanks Basil for your kind words it's not easy being a BEDFORD OWNER but I just love them and driving the grey ghost is nearly as good as sex ;D ;D.

Richard (prodrive) not a truer word has been spoken then in your last post . Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 5 months ago #66984 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: How to restore a Truck

Nearly forgot this n

Ifn it twazn't for dedlee'z BedPhid
Who else could we pik on
LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 5 months ago #66985 by
Replied by on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
g'day to all having gone through this thread few times i'd like to elaborate on a few things ....

most of the trucks i've collected are a ''work in progress''. scrounging through wrecking yards, or a blokes property after a phone call or two, and digging up a rare item these things had (because of their origins) has, and always will be immensely satisfying. the ''thrill of the chase'' you can call it. these items are then put back on the truck ...sometimes after not having these correct parts in place for many,many years.

that part has been a lot of fun, but is still the soft option. there has been a million things done to all those old trucks in that respect but, as we all know...what do you see for your efforts?

those old trucks weren't covered in dust when swishy took those pics years ago but they are now....if only because they have been making the roads in the area for the last few years and i am not about to bother cleaning them till it's all done...and anyway ...i like the dusty, cobwebbed look of these things as you walk in the joint!!.....still doesn't mean i'm not doing anything with them.

i could go on justifying my existance for another thirty paragraphs but i have copped a lot from various types and to help ivor and others to get into the mind of phil ..just ask.....don't have to shoot from the lip.

cheers.

More
12 years 5 months ago #66986 by truckit
Replied by truckit on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
Hi there,

You don't have to justify or answer to anyone as what you do with your goods, their yours and yours to do what makes you happy, life is too short, enjoy your trucks as you wish. I have the same challenge, always finding another part for one of the trucks.

Charlie

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

More
12 years 5 months ago #66987 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
I agree, one truck is enough for me (at the moment), I also have an XP Ute, Tractor, lister autotruck and some stationery engines as I like a bit of variety and at the moment have as much as I can maintain.

We all have different resources, abilities and desires and our collections reflect what we want

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 5 months ago #66988 by Philphy
Replied by Philphy on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
Hi all
Charlie....I totally agree with what u said If we want it, can find the money for it and find somewhere to put it none of us have to justify to anyone but ourselves why we have it or as many of them as we do have.....No matter what the item is. Sadly some of the posts in this thread come across as Jealousy of the have and have nots......I would imagine the Haves have given up something the have nots wouldnt consider giving up to be able to have whatever it is they have....It could be a holiday,smoking, a new car every year or 2 a slapup meal at fancy restaurants once a week....lots of things....But however they accumulated the things they have is no business of anyone elses and they are free to do as they wish with them.
This post is not aimed at anyone its just my 5cents worth (cos there aint no 2 cents no more even an opinion costs more these days)

Phil :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #66989 by ivor project
detective at the risk of being inpolite the honest answer to your question is a really don,t give a dam about you or your trucks and what you do with them thats you call . i work on 1 at a time till its done and enjoy drivin it and it works for me and im happy regardless of the gfc, the scrappers and a whole bunch of crap i cant do nuthin about . but this may interest you . buddy sombert died last year he had about 100 unrestored trucks .the family sold the lot! at auction . did they get hi dollar you be the judge - 55 cse kenworth [ ive only ever seen 1] made $1200 and yes our friends the scrappers got there share! . there are no "fond memorys" in a dollar bill

More
12 years 5 months ago #66990 by ivor project
i forgot to say buddy was a nice guy i was niether envious or jealous of his collection just in awe of it!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #66991 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this..(seems like lots of ego's getting tested here) but this has to do with truck resto's so .........
aerodyne,a while back you said you were looking for a cat 3408 to put back into one of your kw's......welll........I'm heading stateside again this week and one of my mates in Arizona says he's found a good runner in a cabover that he wants to part out so i'll check it out for you while i'm there.
I dont know much about cats but if it purrs I'll call you!
there's also supposed to be a couple over in Orlando at a big yard there and I'm going there as well....dont know the owner though....yet.

newto
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by newto.

More
12 years 5 months ago #66992 by AERODYNE
Replied by AERODYNE on topic Re: How to restore a Truck
Hi newto it was on the wanted section but thanks anyway i am looking forward to hearing if it runs ok keep your eyes open for old KW parts &60s torsion bar parts Thanks

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds