Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

More
12 years 2 months ago #76570 by Redtail_Fox
The one in McIntyre freightlines colours is in the QLD Transport museum in Gatton at the moment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76571 by Tired Iron
Hayseed
No such thing as a dumb question.
And one I was meaning to ask since reading all the history over the last few weeks.
Cheers
:) :) :) :) :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #76572 by cemeNTepede
Hoarder, I reckon that plate will be 8.446. 1960/61 issue.

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #76573 by PCT
Replied by PCT on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
Seed and Tired, 117 of them were imported RHD from Newark, California. First one going on the road in late 1963 for Mainline Transport and the last pair delivered in May 67.

They are the 3rd 4th and 6th shots in this youtube.

Forbes Meat Transport 282M's. Paccar decided they would only run with the one Brand in Australia and KW got the go ahead much to the disgust of the O'Niells.

There is a tally on how manys left but I can't remember off hand. There was 46 Conventional's + 2 6 X 6 383's for French Petroleum and the remainder COE's. :) ;)

#17934 Truck 6 at Silverwater Rd, Auburn NSW. Delivered Nov 1964. Photo by Len Bartlett.

#17934 Pacific Coast Trucking Truck 6. CCT W Model KW Nick & Max?. Deutz?? and a G88 at rear.?? 1970

#17934 Truck 6 PCT Road Lines P/L 70's

# 17934 Taking it easy at the Coocoran 2002 1 or 2 4 km loads a week out to the wash.

#17934 Sand Blast & Reassemble Beenleigh's out!

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #76574 by hoarder1

Hoarder, I reckon that plate will be 8.446. 1960/61 issue.

Thanks mate, that makes sense. Could even be a '9'. Stone chips and low res photo combined for a second to make me think it was an unknown (to me anyway) plate type. ::) :o

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hoarder1.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76575 by landyscott
HI pct no 6 peterbilt was bought by ray orr from kingstons with a brentwood float float sold to jack hardy to pull behind his white ray used it as a tipper in earthmoving later sold to his driver who sold to a guy to go to lighting ridge to cart opal dirty had been there from mid 80s i last sore truck early 90s while at ridge

More
12 years 2 months ago #76576 by landyscott
ray bought the truck early 80s late 70 as i was only a kid the truck was in newcastle nsw good to see it geting done up

More
12 years 2 months ago #76577 by PCT
Replied by PCT on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
G'Day Landyscott, Good to hear your side of its moves within that time mate, Ive Spoken with Ray now and again and he explained it was advertised in the sunday paper and he went to sydney to have a look, which sounds like early 80's after Kingston's takeover in 82.
After selling the float to Jack Hardy a fitter named Jeff ??? built and fitted the tipper for him. I heard him mention Frank Martens, his diesel mechanic who he sometime later sold it to for tipper work. There's a grey area after Frank sold it to another guy. I heard similar to you about it changing hands again and ending up at the Ridge. I saw it backed up to an agitator at the Cookoran in 90/91. Have you any shots of it you can throw up landy?

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

More
12 years 2 months ago #76578 by Young Fella
Great topic, love them old Pete's. Check out the threat below on an old cabover Pete my mates dad had when I was a kid. Don't know much of its history though.

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1308445353

More
12 years 2 months ago #76579 by landyscott
its good to here u spoke to ray I spoke to a mate he thinks frank sold it to a boke by the name of mick o'donhue of singleton and he took to ridge to work his opal mine I don't have any photos of it I was only about 10 when i first saw it

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds